Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    jetssssssssss
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc2.4 View Post
    I see it ALL the time. Seems like I loose 2 or 300 rpm every time I use a glass reed. Next time gonna try some little thinner and try get that rpm back
    Man I hope that's not the case.Have my first glass reed's in now but have not run it yet. The EFI has responded well to all the changes I have made.latest is g. reeds, spacer plate,stuffers and oil pump delete.will delete separater, then I will need elect. fuel pump and adj.p.reg.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    jetssssssssss
    Tried that. I have a guy making me a set of reeds now, just to try out but another guy said best set he ever run. Soon as I get em in ill b able to tell more

I had another guy say it was the stuffers that lost the rpm but I seen it on just reed swap. Every motor little diff tho

4. Member
    strange
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Tcproman have you thought about blueprinting your hull? If it is like the 97 model it is a air entrapment hull. It is a step pad right?

No, don't think so.

7. Member
    What thickness of stuffers did you go with. Topend gain???

8. Member
    I take that as a no.

Just wanted to share a some info on the post asking about an electric fuel pump. This is the pump I've always used on all my Merc O/B Motors, 2.5 & 3L's to replace the engine mounted vacuum pump for CARB and EFI use. I mount it in the boat close to the tank, put an inline fuse on it and wire it off the ignition key. They are super reliable pumps. Remember the days when you launched your boat off the trailer and forgot to squeeze up the primer bulb..................Never squeeze another primer bulb again, EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Gasket Electric Fuel Pump
    P/N: 42S
    Micro Electric 28 GPH
    Black Polymer for all types of Gasoline

5/16" Inlet and Outlet
    Operating Fuel Pressure is 2-3.5 PSI and will flow 28 GPH.
    It should be Mounted within 12" of Gas Tank.
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by gaboy View Post
    What thickness of stuffers did you go with. Topend gain???
    I believe they are about 1/8 inch. Don't seem to have any gain on top. Just better low and mid punch.

The Mr Gasket is the one I got. Have not had the boat out in 2 months. Going to rebuild carbs and try 175 HP jets. Will be spring before I get her out again. Been busy and in hunting mode.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Man View Post
    Just wanted to share a some info on the post asking about an electric fuel pump. This is the pump I've always used on all my Merc O/B Motors, 2.5 & 3L's to replace the engine mounted vacuum pump for CARB and EFI use. I mount it in the boat close to the tank, put an inline fuse on it and wire it off the ignition key. They are super reliable pumps. Remember the days when you launched your boat off the trailer and forgot to squeeze up the primer bulb..................Never squeeze another primer bulb again, EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Gasket Electric Fuel Pump
    P/N: 42S
    Micro Electric 28 GPH
    Black Polymer for all types of Gasoline

5/16" Inlet and Outlet
    Operating Fuel Pressure is 2-3.5 PSI and will flow 28 GPH.
    It should be Mounted within 12" of Gas Tank.

This is basically a Racer's setup... and works quite well as it is a fully pressure-fed fuel system.

The only real DRAWBACK: Any leak that occurs downstream of the first fuel pump is a PRESSURIZED leak (and will continue to leak until such time as the power to the pumps is interrupted).

I mention this as utilizing this type of system requires a watchful eye, and INSPECTION on a regular basis.

Just something to keep in mind... knowing Gary as I do, he has two (2) watchful eyes.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

If I hook up the pump was going to tie it into the enricher circuit since it is a flow through. That way no bulb pumping and less enrichment time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123