Skeeter Fiberglass

I have a 2019 Skeeter ZX 225 and have really scratched up the bottom of the hull. I haven't beached it hard or hit any rocks that I can tell. Is the fiberglass on a Skeeter that soft? I used to beach my Ranger without any scratching. Anyone know about Gator/Gorilla hulls?

2. Member
    I have a gorilla hull on my 04 Zx 225. Doesn’t show scratches but adds weight to the boat. Not sure
    on exact weight. I posted a day or 2 ago about bow lift but nobody has responded. It’s a heavier hull
    and I feel that my boat doesn’t get enough lift. Trying to get info on a 4 blade prop if that would help.
    As far as if skeeter hull are soft of not, I can’t answer that.

The fiberglass or gel has nothing to do with it. In fact from working on a bunch of em....Rangers finish feels softer than a Skeeter does.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamcl View Post
    I have a 2019 Skeeter ZX 225 and have really scratched up the bottom of the hull. I haven't beached it hard or hit any rocks that I can tell. Is the fiberglass on a Skeeter that soft? I used to beach my Ranger without any scratching. Anyone know about Gator/Gorilla hulls?
    The black hull really shows scratches. When I looked under my first Skeeter after a couple of years I freaked out over the scratches. Try as I might I could not avoid them and just accepted that black hulls will show them the worst. The sides of the hull were white and did not show scratches unless the boat got really dirty.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO