2020, 2021 Pro Team TX

Seems to me a couple years ago Tracker started wiring the Pro Team boats with 6 gauge wire for the trolling motor. Im thinking of getting a 2020 or 2021 Pro Team 190 TX but the 2020 I looked at appeared to be wired with 8 gauge. Could someone who owns this boat or any 2020 model Pro Team tell me how its wired. I have a 2011 TXW I rewired with 6 gauge. It wasn't to bad of a job but just didn't want to do it again.

Thanks

2. Member
    I've got a 2018 190 TX. It was pre-wired with 6 GA. I seriously doubt Tracker would go backwards to 8 GA on the newer models
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whatroads View Post
    I've got a 2018 190 TX. It was pre-wired with 6 GA. I seriously doubt Tracker would go backwards to 8 GA on the newer models
    Thanks for the reply. The boat I looked at was definitely 8 gauge and it was a 190 tournament edition.
    I couldn't believe it either. And one time I'd like to talk to a boat salesman at Bass Pro that knew anything about what they are selling. Will wait for my local dealer to start receiving more new boats to see. Even dropped an Email to Tracker in hopes in getting an answer.

4. Member
    I have a 2019 195tx. It has 6 gauge.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rustedhook View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The boat I looked at was definitely 8 gauge and it was a 190 tournament edition.
    I couldn't believe it either. And one time I'd like to talk to a boat salesman at Bass Pro that knew anything about what they are selling. Will wait for my local dealer to start receiving more new boats to see. Even dropped an Email to Tracker in hopes in getting an answer.
    The wire behind the TM receptacle is 8GA for a few feet and then go to 6GA a few feet down. I just went through this earlier this week wiring up my MK Ultrex.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    The wire behind the TM receptacle is 8GA for a few feet and then go to 6GA a few feet down. I just went through this earlier this week wiring up my MK Ultrex.
    This boat I looked at was wired 8 gauge at the battery and had a 50 amp inline fuse. Just couldn't figure it out. Went to my local dealer to see if they had this boat but looked at a 2020 175 that was wired with 6. The owner didn't even know how Trackers are wired???????

7. Member
    Hmm 8ga before and after the breaker? 50amp is fine for most 24v trolling motors. I have one right now in my boat with my fortrex. I’m about to replace it with a 60amp because I just installed my Ultrex. Might want to try following that 8ga a little further and see if it butts into the 6ga.

Tracker started to put 6ga since 2014; I didn’t hear them going back to 8ga.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

8. Member
    AB51D83A-4E30-4ABA-9BBF-1C8AEC21147A.jpeg

Quick photo I took of the wiring at the battery end while changing out my breaker. 6ga running to the bow.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    AB51D83A-4E30-4ABA-9BBF-1C8AEC21147A.jpeg

Quick photo I took of the wiring at the battery end while changing out my breaker. 6ga running to the bow.
    Well I hope they didn't change. My local dealer is selling them as soon as they come in. Can't catch him with one long enough to look at it.

10. Member
    I know this is an old thread but I just checked my wiring as I’m changing from a Maxxum to an Ultrex 80lb. I have a 2021 190TX tournament edition. It is definitely wired at the battery and at the trolling motor connector with 8 awg. It also is using a 50amp breaker. I think 8awg will be fine as long as the cable run is not more than 20 feet according to the manual. I’m just going to change out the breaker for a 60 amp and the connector and socket to 60amp.

Any thoughts?

Seems to me a couple years ago Tracker started wiring the Pro Team boats with 6 gauge wire for the trolling motor. Im thinking of getting a 2020 or 2021 Pro Team 190 TX but the 2020 I looked at appeared to be wired with 8 gauge. Could someone who owns this boat or any 2020 model Pro Team tell me how its wired. I have a 2011 TXW I rewired with 6 gauge. It wasn't to bad of a job but just didn't want to do it again.

Thanks
    It is my understanding that Tracker started using 6 Gage wire on the trolling motor in 2013.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamokebob View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I just checked my wiring as I’m changing from a Maxxum to an Ultrex 80lb. I have a 2021 190TX tournament edition. It is definitely wired at the battery and at the trolling motor connector with 8 awg. It also is using a 50amp breaker. I think 8awg will be fine as long as the cable run is not more than 20 feet according to the manual. I’m just going to change out the breaker for a 60 amp and the connector and socket to 60amp.

Any thoughts?
    8ga is A-ok.... MK's site has a load diagram. I went from a 12v 52# and it was the extreme for 8ga.....they recommended 6ga to 4ga for my almost 18' run. My 24v 80# Ultrex is MUCH easier on the wire with 8ga being the recommended wire for my Ultrex and the run.

Addendum: of course that depends upon how you choose to run the wire.... hehehe.. I think at a 20' run you need 6ga....best I remember.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-03-2021 at 10:18 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    It is my understanding that Tracker started using 6 Gage wire on the trolling motor in 2013.
    They must have changed back to 8awg sometime after that. I checked again and it is definitely 8awg

14. Banned
    I run a 24v 80 lb thrust Fortrex with the factory 8 gauge wire on my 2010 without any issues.

15. Member

Thanks
    Received new 190 couple weeks ago and it came wired with 6 ga but several I looked at had 8.