Thread: Nissan Frontier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I tow a 18 foot Triton with my 2016 Frontier with zero problems at all. I do quite a bit of long distance highway driving with it as well and have never had any problems. It tows almost as well as my 2004 Silverado with a 5.3 did...

2. Member
    I have a 2016 Nissan Crew Cab Pro 4X. I pull a 2016 Phoenix 921XP. does great on steep ramps, has locking rear hub if needed and 4 wheel drive. brakes well too.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Like I said earlier, I pulled my Ranger 188VS and now my Ranger RT188 with one. I truly never noticed anything issues with the turning radius. I have had (2) Titans and (2) Frontiers with ZERO problems. If you get a Frontier I would the 4X4, just in case.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    For turning radius look into a single cab short bed Ram. My 2016 will surprise you when making an U-turn. Or if you're stuck on extended or crew cab midsize I hear the Colorado/Canyon turns pretty tight.
    Tows like a little mule too! 8 speed transmission and tow haul will surprise you.

5. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    Tows like a little mule too! 8 speed transmission and tow haul will surprise you.
    I wanted the 8 speed but got such a great deal on a barely used one with the 6 speed I couldn't pass it up. Still a little beast even with the 3.21 gears. Little doggy taking off but once it's rolling it builds up speed FAST.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    I assumed he was shopping based on price, otherwise every other brand has a much newer design that the 15 year old frontier can't match.... To put that into perspective 3-4 months ago you could still find a 4wd crew cab frontier for ~25k brand new. That means used they look like a bargain because they sell way below book value because anyone paying attention realizes it isn't worth that much. If you buy a 2-3 year old one it should be around 20k. I traded mine at 18 months for 22k... They only were asking 24.5 when it was on the lot and gone in a week. (Longbeds are about a thousand more new which is what I had). You could have bought a new one for 1-3k more depending on stock and who had the truck.
    I actually had a 94 nissan PU and loved it. Price does matter to a point, but I am really limited in total length for my driveway and backing into my garage. That's why I am looking for a smaller truck.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

7. Banned
    My Wife had a Frontier™ prior to the Ridgeline™. It towed great (Ranger™ Z-118) but the turning radius absolutely SUCKS!! Towing, still had plenty of nuts, although Flori-Duh isn't noted for their hilly terrain.. It was great when/if I needed to merge or sometimes keep up with traffic.

Turning Radius yuck

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    Colorado diesel. Tows better than any v6 gas, easy to get around in, great fuel economy. A hidden gem for towing boats, light campers, and utility trailers.
    Attachment 415570
    Along with your avatar, you also have good taste in smaller trucks! My only problem with the Colorado is the bad reviews it gets in car magazines. It’s the least dependable truck in that segment. I hope they get the bugs worked out cause I like them a lot!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    I actually had a 94 nissan PU and loved it. Price does matter to a point, but I am really limited in total length for my driveway and backing into my garage. That's why I am looking for a smaller truck.
    I liked my frontier, it's actually only gone because my wife went back to school and I hadn't been a good bbc'er and paid cash for everything. Dumped two cars into a paid for low mileage car for my wife and went back to driving my 2002 ram, which has been fine and I fortunately hadn't bothered selling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12