Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would take it back to your dealer and or contact Phoenix. Period. You shouldn't be dealing with that headache.

2. Member
    Take your boat to a local trailer shop and explain your problem

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Check your springs for cracks between the u bolts is usually where they fail. Also is the load rating on the tire correct?
    I had a spring crack right you mentioned on my old 2001 TR21 (heavy boat). It let go on I-75 at 70mph. Basically dropped the fenders on the tires on that side. Lots of smoke and rubber flying. Thank God it was a twin axle trailer. Can't imagine what would have happened with a single. Pretty sure I crack it initially by backing off the end of a real shitty ramp.

4. Member
    We have a forum dedicated to trailers here. I don't know if someone there can help you but you never know. 55 p.s.i. should not promote blown tires IMHO. Most times when a tire blows it takes out the fender, has this happened to you?

Trailers & Towing

I forgot, most people use KIA brake pads instead of trailer pads they seem more robust.

This is one of my other new tires about to blow. 20200707_202715.jpg
    Last edited by shawn111; 07-07-2020 at 07:53 PM.

6. Member
    Are you checking the manufactured dates on these tires? Do you tow on unimproved or pothole roads?

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Are you checking the manufactured dates on these tires? Do you tow on unimproved or pothole roads?
    How do you check the manufacturer date?

Some of the roads around my house are not great but they are paved.

8. Member
    Do you have a upset ex???

9. Member
    I could see old tires being the issue. That or something is cutting those tires

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I could see old tires being the issue. That or something is cutting those tires
    +1. Old tires sitting on a shelf have a very high probability of separating, but those certainly look like cuts. Does your boat sit outside?

11. Member
    Do you happen to use a particular Gas Station on a regular basis ? Reason I ask we had one that tank covers cut 2 of our tires back in the day. We did not realize it until the 2nd one happened what/where it came from
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Not really i get gas all over
    Maybe the shell close but its its nothing there to cut tires

13. Member
    Have all of the tires had an issue on the sidewall?

Quote Originally Posted by mjlambert23 View Post
    Have all of the tires had an issue on the sidewall?
    Yes the thread just rips off

I stoped by a place that works on trailers with one of the blown tires. He looked at the thread and said this wasn't caused by an alignment problem. Then he said check tour equalizer bushings. I got home and yes all the bushings were severely worn. So he wasn't wrong about that maybe that will fix my problem.

Another thing with these trailer is when turning and backing at times I get a metallic popping sound. Apparently other people have installed "Wet Bolts" in the bushings to reduce wear and noise. Hope you get it figured out. Etrailer has Dexter wet bolt kits.
    Last edited by gaston13; 07-09-2020 at 08:29 AM.

17. Member
    If you're going to start doing major suspension work on your trailer I would strong suggest going with or researching Dexter EZ Flex suspension kits. Solid, well built and serviceable kits. The rubber bushing equalizers are awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    If you're going to start doing major suspension work on your trailer I would strong suggest going with or researching Dexter EZ Flex suspension kits. Solid, well built and serviceable kits. The rubber bushing equalizers are awesome!!!
    I looked into those. My equalizer is stright and 6.75 inches. All the ones I see are triangular shape and like 8 inches. Am I looking at this wrong can I still use that type and not disrupt my suspension. I wanted to try these but it looked like I couldn't use them.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn111 View Post
    I looked into those. My equalizer is stright and 6.75 inches. All the ones I see are triangular shape and like 8 inches. Am I looking at this wrong can I still use that type and not disrupt my suspension. I wanted to try these but it looked like I couldn't use them.
    You can call Marine Master Trailer and ask them....

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

20. Member
    https://www.easternmarine.com/dexter...kit-k71-652-00

This is where I have purchased both of the sets I have installed. They make two different kits. Both are for leaf springs that are 1-3/4" wide. One kit is for axle centers that are 33" (rated for 6,000 lbs) and one kit for axle centers that are 35" (rated for 8,000 lbs). Equalizer size is more than likely determined by the distance between the axle centers.

I will say that these are some of the nicest suspension components upgrades that I have ever personally done. They are very solid and very quiet. Plus you can grease them!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast