Under glove box.

Mine has a glued in puck under there, storage between seats. Has some water around puck, is that something yall have seen.
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

2. Member
    Never seen anything like that. I guess it would work at slow speeds but would be out of the water in most other cases!

3. Member
    What do you mean, has some water around puck? Water coming in around puck, or water in the bottom of boat? I also have the puck epoxied in place under the center glove box. It works fine until the boat starts lifting at speed, that part of the bottom is out of the water and you loose the bottom view.
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Mine has a glued in puck under there, storage between seats. Has some water around puck, is that something yall have seen.

4. Member
    Actually what I am concerned about, the boat is two layers, one layer was cut to glue in puck for dash mounted Depth Finder which is no more. It has water inbetween the two layers, it is space around puck, so water getting in there would be easy. Seems i cant suck it all out, I am sure that area is sealed so to speak but I don not like water standing anywhere......
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

5. Member
    Water can get in, lets say u get in rain etc, so its going to happen, water get in boat, just can't find a good way to get it out, if I could I would remove dern puck and refiberglass over hole....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    If you have water between layers of glass that could indicate a possible de-lamination. When I have installed pucks in the hull I clean the surface and epoxy the puck in place. Not sure why a layer of glass would be removed. I would try to knock, pry, grind the puck off to allow for a better view/inspection around and under it.

7. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    If you have water between layers of glass that could indicate a possible de-lamination. When I have installed pucks in the hull I clean the surface and epoxy the puck in place. Not sure why a layer of glass would be removed. I would try to knock, pry, grind the puck off to allow for a better view/inspection around and under it.
    Hydro Tec installed mine and they just prep the surface and installed it as what you said Dean. Removing glass layer is odd to me, my install on my Champion I did it as you did Dean.
    LeaLea

8. Member
    Ron, are you sure there has been glass removed? As I said, I would try to remove the puck. If the epoxy won't break loose, maybe use a grinder with a cut off wheel to cut the puck then grind the balance off to see what you actually have. This is just a suggestion.

9. Member
    Actually kurt said he has seen many like mine. I dont like. Boat hull is two layers, seems chub did it....
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

10. Member
    No real sign of de lamination really. Just kinda sux I think. It wash for dash unit
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

Mine is like that also. I think they just cleared a flat area for the transducer to sit in. Because it's a low spot it will always get a bit of water in it from either backwash, rain or condensation.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

12. Member
    Yeah I dont use that puck and would love to remove and fiberglass over dern hole
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

13. Member
    If you have the tools, cut off most of it with a cutoff wheel/grinder then grind the balance off until you hit glass, clean the surfaces, cut some glass the size of the cut away to make it level with the bottom then put glass over the new as well as overlapping the full thickness hull. You will be filling the void as well as adding strength by overlapping the original hull. This should take care of your concern. Good luck

14. Member
    I do have all tools and fiberglass to do job if I can get all water out that is what is going to happen
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

15. Member
    Just take a shop vac and suck it all out!

16. Member
    Yeah but seems u lower the nose then raise u always get more it seems
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

17. Member
    Raise the nose as high as you can get it and open the drain let it drain for a day or overnight. You can then put towels in frony or around it to soak op the water that didn't drain out!

18. Member
    On a side note, I removed the drop in console and made the whole area storage. Basically made a bag shaped correctly, installed, and plastic bottom for it. Storage now goes seat to seat.

19. Member
    Now that is awesome
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823