What Bilge Unit for Replacement

I’m assuming I need to replace the bilge unit on my 2000 518vx because it’s old and kinda beat to hell. Is Rule the brand that Ranger uses? Or does it matter. I used an Attwood 750gph on our last boat and it was phenomenal. I do want to try and stay consistent with the bilge switches for manual and auto but I may just go with an auto all the time setup like my last one. What are you guys running or suggest I use since I’m a big novice when it comes to bilge pumps. Also, my hose is corrugated coming out of the bilge. Shouldn’t I switch to a smooth hose so the full power of the bilge can be utilized? Thoughts? Thanks.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Rule is the brand that Ranger uses, but any brand/model that satisfies you is okay.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Your boat came with Johnson/Mayfair. They are still available and are very good pumps. If the base is still good,you can just replace the cartridge and it’s easy to do. I would upgrade the live well pumps to 750 gph from the 500 gph that came in it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Your boat came with Johnson/Mayfair. They are still available and are very good pumps. If the base is still good,you can just replace the cartridge and it’s easy to do. I would upgrade the live well pumps to 750 gph from the 500 gph that came in it.
    Thank you. I’ll look at them. Regarding the livewells, we don’t tournament fish or keep our fish so we’ll probably clean them and use them for storage. Should we go 750 gph with the bilge too or higher?
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

5. mikesxpress