Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just fell out of the boat and didn’t get wet LOL!

I was in my boat inside the shop splicing a wire together that broke coming from the charger to the trolling motor batteries and I took my work boots off before I climbed in. When I finished I gathered my tools and proceeded to step down. As soon as my socks hit the top rail down I went. My feet hit the trailer first slicing the bottom of my big toe then I hit the concrete. Nothing hurt but my pride but I know I’ll be sore tomorrow. At least I didn’t get wet!

Ouch! You might have been better off to have gotten wet.

You need a Trick Step. Glad you didn't crack your egg Humpty.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Glad your ok! I lost a very good friend when he was exiting his boat on the ramp. God rest his soul, he went while ago the lake but damn sure sucks. Always be careful.

5. Member
    Did that in my driveway once lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

6. Member
    Oh dang. Glad you didn’t get hurt.

7. Member
    I feel out of my boat in my shop about 3-4 years ago. Landed on my side and broke a rib. I'd rather have gone into the water.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Member
    I’ve had two bad concussions in my life. First one was a fall out of my ski boat at the car wash. Foot slipped climbing out and I hit my head on the bumper of my truck. Second was last fall climbing out of my boat in the parking lot at the boat ramp. Just missed the fender step and went out with one foot still in the boat. First thing that hit was my head.

9. Member
    Glad you are ok!

10. Member
    Ouch!!

11. Member
    Been there for sure. Feeling exhausted while cleaning up after fishing 12-hours on a really hot summer day. When I went to climb out of the boat I must have completely missed the step (although I may have simply passed out from heat stroke). Woke up in a state of confusion, lying on my back in the hotel parking. My friend was standing over me asking what happened and all I could muster was that I was sucker punched. Can't believe that I didn't have anything more than a bump on the head, quickly remedied by a cold beer.

12. Banned
    Did ya hop back up like nothing happened??? Look around to make sure no one saw ya, then bend over and collect yourself... Dan

Ouch!

14. Member
    Glad you are ok.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Did ya hop back up like nothing happened??? Look around to make sure no one saw ya, then bend over and collect yourself... Dan
    Been there.

16. #FRB
    One morning I was getting a couple rods out of the boat so I could meet my buddy at the lake to crappie fish out of his boat. Foot slipped off the step and landed on the top cap of the boat. Luckily my nuts broke my fall! Jeans were stiff so didn't sing soprano too bad
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

17. Member
    I was in my boat out front of a friends house helping him load his gear. Somehow during this moving around I lost my balance and knew I was going to fall out. Fear of what my happen depending on how I hit the ground prompted me to jump in a split second. I jumped out and was fine except I twisted an ankle. It was grapefruit size by the time I got home that evening. Took well over 6 weeks before it got back to normal.
    GETFISHED !!!

18. Member
    Almost did that one time,now i carry a 4 step ladder in the truck. Use at home in the garage anytime i get in the boat.

19. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    You were being looked after for sure. When I fell out of mine, tripped on the fish finder, I broke my ankle, put a gash in my left leg down to the bone, took the skin off my right knee, hit head first, took the skin off my n ose and cheek plus knocked me out, cracked a few ribs too. When I woke up I was entangled the trailer frame and my head was in a pool of blood. It was bad. Luckily my phone was in my pocket and I called my wife in the house. I thought she would pass out when she saw me. I was out of commission for four months, just never know.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

20. Member
    Glad you are not to damaged. I would still be laying there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast