Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Y’all don’t know what bad boat traffic is like up there on that big body of water. Yes the boats are big and it’s bumpy, but try putting those sized boats x 1000 on a lake down here like norman, buggs island, hartwell........it is an absolute washing machine. Up there you might bounce up and down at times and never come within a half mile of a boat in a whole day. Even though there were a lot more boats when we were there last week it was nothing compared to down here.
    Last edited by kb_rn; 07-11-2020 at 04:23 PM.

2. Member
    Well I'll beg too differ....I live on Erie by the Islands and fish LSC all the time...was just in a BFL there on Saturday....there was 130 bass boats in our tourney, whatever ones fun fishing....and pleasure boats out EVERYWHERE......they will fly past you not 30 yards away and send you a rockin....the entire time fishing the main lake you could barely stand on front of your boat and fish because it was constant 3's and random 4's. I was either taking waves over the back every few mins or of the front because of all the waves.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

Southern dudes don’t get it till they come here. Big difference between a 100+ foot deep reservoir with boat traffic and a lake with average depth of 12 feet. Much different wave patterns without the deep water shock absorber.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

4. Member
    My buddy from up there told me there’s a crazy mayfly hatch going on. He’s more of a walleye guy but he said all his bass buddies switch to largemouth this time of year because how hard it is to fish for the browns during the hatch
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

5. Member
    The hatch is over at this point. It's usually a 2-3 week period where it really slows down. We should settle into a summer pattern now. Looking forward to finding some new areas with Canada being closed. It feels like Whack a Mole out there. We found some off Grosse Pointe but then they disappeared. Found another little area on the Mile Roads but they packed up and left there. Constant search mode on the US side so far, not to mention what they want changes.

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Southern dudes don’t get it till they come here. Big difference between a 100+ foot deep reservoir with boat traffic and a lake with average depth of 12 feet. Much different wave patterns without the deep water shock absorber.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1070905
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    wow... Had originally planned to try for a few hours early knowing it was gonna pick up late morning but we had a late night Saturday and decided not to, when we got up and saw the weather forecast had changed we were glad we didn't go.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

Average calm day with minor traffic
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Average calm day with minor traffic
    This is true, that’s why I have a 22 foot bullet. So I can ride on top of the waves :-)

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

10. Member
    Keep in mind that is basically the Bermuda Triangle around Harley Ensign, right ? So much weekend traffic through that area and it sounds like the wind was blowing pretty good too. Average for that area for sure.....We use Crocker now to avoid that cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    This is true, that’s why I have a 22 foot bullet. So I can ride on top of the waves :-)
    Mine is just a couple inches short of 22 lol
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Mine is just a couple inches short of 22 lol
    Actually mine is 21ft 10in.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post

I wonder if they were part of the same Indiana crew that had a 2 days tourney out of Crocker and were tossing limits of dead smallies back at the end of their “tourney”. If so, karmas a bitch.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

14. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I wonder if they were part of the same Indiana crew that had a 2 days tourney out of Crocker and were tossing limits of dead smallies back at the end of their “tourney”. If so, karmas a bitch.
    DNR needs to crack down on these clubs and tournaments that don’t take care of the fish.

I have been to some on the Indiana weighs in on St Clair... They had tons of dead fish. They were all using re-circ... The bass breath the same water all day in the livewell. Even after they puke, crap etc. Then when one dies, it puts off ammonia and starts to kill the rest. I said something on the 1st day weigh in... Day 2 the guys that listened to me all had live fish. But those that did not, had all dead fish again.

A 30 gallon live well with 20+lbs of bass only has 15-20 gallons of water left in the tank... They need "NEW" lake water coming in all day... Not ice, Not peroxide, not rejuvinade etc.

Try it and see.... If you are an ice guy... Then let the fish go alive into the hot water at the ramp, These fish go into thermal shock and die... Why do you think you need to float your aquarium fish for a while before you release them into the tank?

16. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I have been to some on the Indiana weighs in on St Clair... They had tons of dead fish. They were all using re-circ... The bass breath the same water all day in the livewell. Even after they puke, crap etc. Then when one dies, it puts off ammonia and starts to kill the rest. I said something on the 1st day weigh in... Day 2 the guys that listened to me all had live fish. But those that did not, had all dead fish again.

A 30 gallon live well with 20+lbs of bass only has 15-20 gallons of water left in the tank... They need "NEW" lake water coming in all day... Not ice, Not peroxide, not rejuvinade etc.

Try it and see.... If you are an ice guy... Then let the fish go alive into the hot water at the ramp, These fish go into thermal shock and die... Why do you think you need to float your aquarium fish for a while before you release them into the tank?
    All excellent points Mike. I am not a tournament guy but do they ever have any type of instruction on how to keep fish alive at the beginning of a tournament? You would think that would be a very important part of their pre-fish instructions. That seems like that should be a requirement by the DNR for any tournament. I mean the fish are the resource that we all love so why the heck wouldn’t we want to do everything we can to keep them alive?

To be clear I have no problem with tournaments as long as the fish are cared for properly.

Its freakin sad and I don’t understand why the DNR will post COs at an inland lake all weekend to check local clubs but does nothing to these out of state idiots.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

18. Member
    Its freakin sad and I don’t understand why the DNR will post COs at an inland lake all weekend to check local clubs but does nothing to these out of state idiots.
    If you check the lounge there is a complaint that there was a club that got fined $300 for a non-registered tourney.
    Last edited by SAL321; 07-29-2020 at 07:01 PM.

19. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    If you check the lounge there is a complaint that there was a club that got fined $300 for a non-registered tourney.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1072831

$300.00 was not enough!! These so called Fishermen should just take a picture of the fish weight and then let it go!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast