Sea Dek or Carpet and padding

I'm going to have to replace the flooring in my boat. I don't know whether to get the Sea Dek or use Carpet and Padding. I am hoping that some of you guys may have some experience with the Sea Dek.

Does it absorb heat? Does it get uncomfortable to stand on after a while? Does the grooving in it make you stand in an awkward position or make it uncomfortable to stand on?

I found some Pre Cut carpet for a 2004 Triton Tr21X. Is it the same size and layout as my 2007 Triton Tr21X? What ounce carpet should I get? What type of padding does it require?

If anyone has any pictures of their flooring of either the Sea Dek or the carpet and padding please post them. Also where is the best place to get the carpet and padding? Thanks in advance for your help.
    07" Triton Tr21X HP

2. Member
    I’ll just say that my new triton has the seadek on the middle compartment lid in between my seats and that thing gets hot as crap. I was going to put it in my floorboard but second guessing it now
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

3. Member
    I just did hydroturf my self, quite a bit cheaper than sea deckI haven’t had it out much ye and doesn’t seem any worse than carpet as far as heat goes

4. Member
    Might reconsider the padded deck. From the places I've talked with, it looks good for a couple years then it appears to have wrinkles in it, from what they told me.

I'm getting my Triton recarpeted so I started calling around for quotes and info. Orthodek is another option to sea dek. I am doing this on the bottom floor around console instead of more carpet for easier cleaning.

5. Member
    I know when it's getting hot that my carpet gets hot too. I felt like the foam may be more comfortable than the carpet but i don't know how well it holds up
    07" Triton Tr21X HP

6. Banned
    I have something like it in the lower floor. It does get hot but no hotter than the carpet. I fish barefoot.

Oh and clean up is very easy.