Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat Trailer Tires

Aside from the Goodyear Endurance (I've just had bad experiences with the Marathons) what trailer tires is everyone using these days for tandem axle boat trailers? I bought Hartland tires from discount tire the last time for my 2003 Stratos but I sold that boat. I have a 2007 Triton TR21X now and done had a blowout. They were Goodyear Marathons. Thanks

2. Member
    I have had great luck with Carlisle HD radials. My current set are going on six years old so I will be replacing them soon and I will definitely consider another set. They are speed rated for 81 mph.

If you have a Big O tire close by the Vanguard trailer tires are very good. The Best would be Goodyear Endurance.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

The Endurance tires are light years better than the Marathons you had. Go with them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    With a tandem axle trailer I had no problem going with a passenger tire. I put a set of (4) Cooper Cobra Gt 215/70R14 tires on my trailer 7 years ago. They were flawless for 7 years. Last month I changed to Goodyear Endurance ST205/75R14D, rated at 87mph. I was going to try for another year out of the Cooper tires, but after closer inspection one tire had a 4" gash across the tire tread like I had run over a piece of angle iron. That ended that idea!
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

6. Member
    The problem with the Marathons started when they quit making them in the US. Very low quality control. I agree that the Endurance are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    The Endurance tires are light years better than the Marathons you had. Go with them.

7. Member
    The tread on my Marathons just separated from the tire. Some guys i work with went to discount tire and bought the Hartland brand. Anyone had any experience with the Discount Tire brand tires (Hartland)? Just curious as they are cheaper but i am having a difficult time finding reviews on them.
    07" Triton Tr21X HP

Get the Goodyear Endurance......good grief......best trailer tire out there at this time.

9. Member
    Another vote for Carlisle HD.

Get endurance .
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by brock77 View Post
    The tread on my Marathons just separated from the tire. Some guys i work with went to discount tire and bought the Hartland brand. Anyone had any experience with the Discount Tire brand tires (Hartland)? Just curious as they are cheaper but i am having a difficult time finding reviews on them.
    A few on line places had GY Endurance on sale for $65 a tire early this spring. My tire guy matched the price, mounted ( new rims) and balanced 5 tires for under $50. Shop around

12. Member
    Well I took the bait and bought Goodyear Endurance tires. 215/75/r14. 4 of them. I took one trip and the tires were awesome, the second trip I had 2 tires blow at different times and different sides and different axles. I have a tire pressure monitor in the tires and they were at 64 psi when they blew. Called my local store that sold them and they told me that there was no warranty. I called Goodyear and they certainly were under warranty. Now the next problem, they are on a Nationwid backorder until September so I cannot even get them to replace. I finally found some at etrailer.com and they are on their way and GoodYear is re-imbursing me the costs of everything including mounting and balancing. No idea why the tires blew but never had my Carlisle tires blow before but I agree they were not the smoothest tires. Wal-Mart.com has them advertised for $87.15 each. I am happy with the customer support from Goodyear but still very skeptical on their performance as they did not even last a month and less than 500 miles. The trailer was aligned recently so no problem there either.

13. Member
    Endurance all the way

14. MTPOCKITS
    I pull a heavy boat 6500 lb and i use lite truck tires and rarely ever have a problem ever. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...AT51&tab=Sizes

15. Member
    My Carlisle tires came with 2 years road side assistance! What the hell are they thinking??? LOL

16. Member
    I'm probably gonna get bashed for this but Thunderer ST Radial R501 is what I've been using for the last four years with zero problems. They come in a 8 ply load range D that takes 60 psi of air. Great ride and wear. I put a lot of miles on my trailer and I haven't found a better tire. I get mine from tires-easy.com.

17. Member
    I started using maxxis after bad marathons and been very happy ,if you read some on the forums with people pulling campers all over country they like maxxis

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    I started using maxxis after bad marathons and been very happy ,if you read some on the forums with people pulling campers all over country they like maxxis
    Same here. Maxxis 8008

Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Same here. Maxxis 8008
    Same here Massix ST's

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

20. Member
    Marathon= china Endurance=USA Thats all you need to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast