Question Ultrex comes on when it is off

This happened in early Spring. I read on here about problem and opened up foot pedal and tighten up switch connections. All good until last few days. While sitting in garage with trolling motor off at foot pedal the foot pedal light shows on and compass light blinks. Work the foot pedal switch on/off a few times and things return to normal. I am going to get it to service center as soon as I can get ok to bring it in. What will they do and/or replace to repair? Thanks

Sounds like a bad On/Off switch. Whatever it is, if its still under warranty, they will fix it for free, or if not still under warranty, they will still fix it, but you have to pay for the repair.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Pull the on/off switch out and make sure the wires are full seated. Mine did the same thing and it was just the wires need pressed on more

4. Member
    The switch wires make connection to turn off, then turn on when disconnected. Sounds like they are loading connection either through the switch, or at the switch.

5. Member
    Took it to ASC yesterday. Suppose to get it back this week. I am thinking new on/off switch at foot pedal and possible new connections to switch also. I will let ya know when I know!

6. Member
    ASC installed new on/off switch at foot pedal. I forgot to ask but also hope connections to new switch are tighter. Ones on old switch were loose IMO!
    Time will tell if all good!

7. Member
    Mine was doing same thing. It was just due to the connectors being too loose. I just cleaned them and crimped them down slightly.