Side scan adjustments

I have two 7610 xs and they are linked together. Never been able to adjust the contrast of left with right Side scan to look the same. When I adjust one side then the other side adjusts . The problem is they are out of sink with each other. One side is lighter contrast as the other side is darker contrast.
    any ideas???
    thank you

2. Member
    I betting that’s from the depth. Garmin’s side view is a lot more sensitive to depth changes than most other brands. Get on a flat that is the same depth on both sides and see how it looks.

3. Member
    engine blocks, try trim your engine up to see
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

4. Member
    Two things. First I have seen what you are talking about, even on flat terrain. It's a bug in the software and I've reported it to Garmin. Rarely happens but I have seen it. Changing the settings from manual to auto then back to manual for me reset it to use the same settings for both sides.

The other thing is, in normal operation, all brands, can show one side brighter than the other, depending on the terrain. I see this a lot as I generally search at the depth just beyond where the bank meets the bottom. The bank will reflect a stronger return. The harder the bank the worse the difference. Impossible to have the settings so that both left and right are optimal. Pick one and forget the other or split the difference.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.