Hummingbird fish finder screen

I have a couple of Hummingbird fish finders that are about 3 yrs old that have a strange blotchyness to the screen. It makes funny glares in the sun, it's a little purpley. Is there any way to clean it? I am an auto mechanic and sometimes use 0000 steel wool on automotive glass and chrome but I'm not sure on these. Anybody know if they are normal glass?

2. Member
    Do not use anything abrasive on the screen. No steel wool,no Comet,no nothing. I use Windex on mine,it takes off everything I’ve had on them. It sounds like you may have some kinda oily residue on yours,glass cleaner should remove it.

3. Member
    I've tried about 5 different glass cleaners on them and it doesn't do anything. They are clean and oil free just a strange splotchy cloudy look that is blinding in the sun.

4. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    Lowrance recommends Windex with vinegar. Works very well.
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

5. Member
    It works to take away this problem I'm describing? I'm starting to think it's on the inside of the screen.

6. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    If the problem is on the inside of the screen the only thing that will fix it is having it repaired. There are a few places that will do that but I start with Hummingbird.
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S

7. Member
    Sounds like the LCD is going bad. Did cleaning I use a 50/50 mix of alcohol and distilled water. It’s what I use on all my electronic device screens. Would never use windex with or without the ammonia.

8. Member
    I spoke to Humminbird today and they said it could be sunburn. Possibly an anti glare issue and that they don't work on these models anymore. I am looking for somewhere that can service them.

9. Member
    Try asking https://gaugesaver.com/

if they can help
    1995 Ranger 482v
    2013 Mercury Pro XS 175hp

2008 Triton Tr-21x HP