2021 New KVD LEW"S Rod & Reels

Guess everyone has read and or heard KVD left Quantum. The New KVD Lew's baitcaster reels and rods along with spinning rod and reels. Anyone heard the whens and whats about what Lew's is planning?

Pretty Impressive...
    Northwoods Adventures Guide Service... Michigan's Upper Peninsula

3. Member
    As an avid Lew's fan, my opinion is the KVD reels are pretty low end. I would have expected more, quite honestly. I'm not a fan of the EVA grips Lew's is starting to use and I would have thought the KVD line would use the ACB system, not the MSB system.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

4. Member
    It doesn’t surprise me at all. KVD has always made his namesake products for the mass market, not for the High end guys. I think the reels actually look better than I thought, because they are built on the metal frame platform, where most of the other lews signature reels are graphite frame. I’m not a fan of EVA rod grips either, although I will check out the crankbait rods when I see them, because I’m actually thinking of selling some Falcons and St. Croix LTBs that I have now to put a little bit of money back in the bank due to my work situation because of COVID.

5. Member
    They are mid-level products designed for the mass market retailers. They have to pay KVD and his deal is probably tied to total sales so they both want a product line with the greatest sales potential. You will notice that very few high-end rods or reels are tied to a particular pro's name because the high-end consumer isn't really into that.

They could have at lease put brass gears in the baitcasters.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Lews is about a 50/50 split on brass vs. aluminium throughout their product line, for weight reasons. Some of their most expensive reels have the same gears at well over twice the money-

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    I personally dont have any issues with Doyos aluminum gears...compared to Shimanos brass or aluminum gears....