Rod Consolidation

This may have been discussed prior, but there seems to be new things on the market all the time so I thought I would ask for educated opinions. I would like to eventually find one manufacturer for a rod for all of my needs. I realize they might need to be different actions but I would like them all to be the same manufacturer and model because I believe using the same type of rod gives you a little bit more comfy to the feel and reaction, that’s just my opinion. Keep in mind I’m not a professional fisherman, so it does not have to be to technical. I realize you need different actions for Cranks, Senko, SpinnerbaIts, Jigs etc., all my rigs are rigged with braided line with a floral carbon leader, that’s just the way I like it...... all that said, I’m not looking to spend hundreds of dollars on a rod, I would like to keep it in the ~$100 range. curious if anybody else has did this and what you might recommend. I value the opinions here because I know there’s a lot of experience. Thx

2. Member
    I have different rod brands, but were I to go to one rod company at the $100 rod price, Falcon Bucoo

3. Member
    OP, my hat is off to you. I couldn't go just one manufacturer. Too many good rods out there from many different brands. Yes, others have done it. A friend (and his wife) use nothing but St. Croix. When you say ~$100 range, can I assume that $150 or so is okay? No experience with the BuCoo or Lowrider, but I do own a few other Falcons. I've read good things about both the Bucoo and Lowrider.

I am a fan of the OG Tatulas. I assume the new models are as good. Or go for the Tatula Elite.

Ark rods aren't as well known, but I sure like the couple I have. TackleTour has also liked the ones they've tested.

iRod Genesis II are nice rods. I've always liked my Fenwick HMGs at the $100 price point.

4. Member
    If i had to go one rod brand at 100$ price point - it would be as RFSims says - Falcon BuCoo! Many different models that cover it all .... best 100$ rod out that i have seen!
    2020 - Ranger 520L Midnight Fox | Mercury 4S 250 - Go Boldly! | Atlas Jackplate | Ultrex | Lowrance Active Target | Power Poles !!