Bob's Jack plate Stuck

I have a 2016 Legend with a 10" Bob's hydraulic jackplate Action series. Ran it all the way down the other day now it will not go back up. I can hear the motor trying to go up but it sounds like it is in a bind or something. Have pulled the plug apart and put straight 12 volts to the blue wire and it makes the same noise. any other ideas on what I can do to get it to raise up???? Thanks

2. Member
    I have had great success with Bob's. It's a premium brand. If the boat is 4 years old, is the jack plate 4 as well? Have you ever had it checked or serviced? Have you contacted them?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I have had great success with Bob's. It's a premium brand.
    Have mine for 15 years December and only replaced one cylanoid. Did great going up and down the last 2 trips. Lake Pierce, and Lake Toho last month.

But I would not know what is wrong with OP's jackplate. Ain't there to check fluid or everything else. And know from my own experience with stuff, guessing don't normally get it fixed. And like everything else. Different people have different experiences with stuff.
    Maybe the Bob's man will come on and reply with the fix.

4. Member
    yeah the plate is only 4 years old as well. Its the action series so it doesn't have solenoids, wish it was an easy fix like that. I'm going to contact Bob's next week. got a club tournament Monday just hoping to get lucky and fix it by then

How is the hydraulic fluid? Is it clean / not contaminated? All hoses connected to the pump?

6. Member
    I'm not sure if there is a way to check the hydraulic fluid on the action series. There is just a plug in the bottom of it and no way to check or fill it????????

7. Banned
    Have you greased the sides lately???... Dan

8. Member
    I think that may be my problem Dan. It seems like it in a bind and need some grease. I have greased it since its been locked up but it may be too late.

9. Member
    I tried putting a little pressure on it with a floor jack and bumping up on the jack plate switch and sounds like it trying but still not moving

Sounds like the plate is in a bind. Trim the motor level, then Have someone grab the skag and move/shake it side to side while you switch it up. Also, make sure you keep it lubed.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    Not likely its the plate in a bind (possible but not likely) you should be able to see it that was the problem. Sounds like something internal on the pump/hydraulic cylinder assembly. I am guessing the unit you have is the one with everything made together mounted in the jp correct? I would reach out to Bob's personally, they will be able to tell you what is going on with it.

12. Member
    I've had two cylinder failures in less than a year. Look at seal around hydraulic shaft and I bet seal is coming out.

13. Member
    10" action series

14. Member
    Bobs really went cheap on there pump. Most are Parker or more robust in my opinion.still love it though and it has a five year warranty,just inconvenient. thats all I got. Lol

their chat support on website is great - they walked me thru a DIY repair of replacing the reservoir on mine. reservoir had developed a crack. pump was making noise but plate wasn't moving