Question about rigging tube on front deck

I have a 2017 518 and had a question about wires on the front deck. I recently installed an Ultrex on the front with link and I just don't see how I am going to run the ethernet cable through the small rigging tube. I currently have the trolling motor wires, helix power wires and an ethernet cable through the tube now, it fits but its tight and I don't think another ethernet sized cable is going to fit through. I have a precision sonar mount and I have considered drilling a hole to run the cable though. What are others doing for this?

Thanks
    Chris
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

2. Member
    There is a rigging tube on the starboard side for the low current cables that run from the counsel to the front. I would only have the trolling motor power cables in the port side to prevent interference.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    Yeah you should never run your fish unit’s power along with your trolling power. It will cause major interference in most cases.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

Are you referring to the tube on the Driver side or on the Passenger side ? The Trolling wires should be on the Passenger side and NO OTHER wires for any Electronics should be with them. This will cause you to have interference on you graph every time you hit the TM button ! There is an Rigging tube on the DRIVER side that you should run all your electronics thru. There's already the wires for all your switches that are in there, but should be plenty of room for new wires.
    Last edited by wmitch2; 07-05-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    I don’t think I described my issue very well, sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the small tube that sits right in front of the trolling motor pedal for your electronics. I ended up drilling a small hole in my precision mount to run the Ethernet cable from the Ultrex and used a rubber grommet.

6. Member
    So after reading the comments about the power wires for the trolling motor and graph being together I decided to move the trolling wires to go through the drain tube that is in front of the pedal as well. I made a small hole in the top of the tube because it was foamed in so much that I couldn’t even find the end of the tube itself. So now my power wires for the trolling motor are isolated by themselves and I also have more room in the other hole for graph wires. It was rigged from the factory with all of the wires together and I did experience interference from time to time. Thanks for the help and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    Are you referring to the tube on the Driver side or on the Passenger side ? The Trolling wires should be on the Passenger side and NO OTHER wires for any Electronics should be with them. This will cause you to have interference on you graph every time you hit the TM button ! There is an Rigging tube on the DRIVER side that you should run all your electronics thru. There's already the wires for all your switches that are in there, but should be plenty of room for new wires.
    Corrected: There is a rigging tube on the "DRIVER" side that you should run all your electronics thru.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents