Thread: Mapping chips

Mapping chips

Looking to purchase a chip for better mapping offshore. I run a 12 live up front and 16 carbon at the dash (linked). I live in Tennessee and only fish outside of Tennessee when I go home to Alabama every know and then to fish lake Eufaula. I mainly fish lakes around the Knoxville area but will be traveling from time to time to middle Tennessee. I am hoping I can buy one chip that will work with both units since they are linked. I am looking at CMAP contour +, CMAP precision contour HD Tennessee, and navionics hotmaps platinum south. Guys with experience using these, let me know your thoughts

thanks,
    bruce
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    The TN PCHD card is going to be the ticket for many of the TN lakes you fish. For those that have not been scanned, the card will still be as good on those lakes as any of the others you listed.

the AL PCHD card would be good too but doesn’t have Eufaula in HD. There was a water level issue when the scanning team was in AL as I understand it.

Contour + and Navionics are going to be similar. On some lakes, one may be better than the other.

you'll like the TN PCHD card for sure.
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

3. Member
    Great that’s what I ended up ordering. It’s supposed to be in on Monday. I’ll use it this week and provide some feedback
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS