Helix 8 G3N Losing Depth on Plane

I got my new unit installed and while I'm running on plane I lose depth on the graph. I have the Y cable I'm using from my old 898 SI model that did the same thing. It is hooked up to another transducer mounted in the hull that I also used with my 898. Does anyone know if the transducer I have mounted in the hull that was compatible with my 898 will work with my new Helix 8 G3N model for depth on plane?

No, all the third generation Helix units have HW CHIRP for 2D sonar. Your old unit uses 83/200 kHz.

XP 9 HW is the shoot-thru for your Helix G3N.

If you never got on-plane depth with your 898, you did not have a good installation. When you do it again with a compatible G3N shoot-thru, do it properly. Post #2 here---http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172972

AND check the transducer in the water BEFORE you start all of that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    No, all the third generation Helix units have HW CHIRP for 2D sonar. Your old unit uses 83/200 kHz.

XP 9 HW is the shoot-thru for your Helix G3N.

If you never got on-plane depth with your 898, you did not have a good installation. When you do it again with a compatible G3N shoot-thru, do it properly. Post #2 here---http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172972

AND check the transducer in the water BEFORE you start all of that.

Thanks for the response. But reading your answer makes me wonder now if the splitter cable I am using is correct. I know they made a few different ones, and I'm using the same cable also I used on my 898 Si unit.

Quote Originally Posted by astronomical View Post

Thanks for the response. But reading your answer makes me wonder now if the splitter cable I am using is correct. I know they made a few different ones, and I'm using the same cable also I used on my 898 Si unit.
    The Y cable did change because the MEGA SI transducers have a dedicated Down Imaging piezo and require the extra circuit. Wrong Y cable=no Down Imaging.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The Y cable did change because the MEGA SI transducers have a dedicated Down Imaging piezo and require the extra circuit. Wrong Y cable=no Down Imaging.
    Thanks again, was a great help. I've already ordered the new parts. Have a great 4th of July.