Thread: Z520 to VX20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    To the OP, find a BassCat Lynx and drive it.

Full disclosure: I have a BassCat Puma.

2. Member
    Maybe the Vexus rides better but I don't believe for a minute it fishes better than a Z520C/L. Not sure about u guys but I fish way more than I ride which I learned after fishing Champions for 13 years. Don't believe all the negativity you read on here about the current Rangers. My current boat is finished better than my 2012 Z520 was.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Ranger may still be king of the hill, unfortunately something is going on. Long time dealers are leaving. Customer service is suffering.
    If the best you can do for a dealer in the largest bass boat market in the World,North Texas, is Cabela’s I will pass on a New Ranger. I have done that and will not do it again.
    I put a deposit down on a new VX20 and I cannot wait for it to arrive

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    Ranger may still be king of the hill, unfortunately something is going on. Long time dealers are leaving. Customer service is suffering.
    If the best you can do for a dealer in the largest bass boat market in the World,North Texas, is Cabela’s I will pass on a New Ranger. I have done that and will not do it again.
    I put a deposit down on a new VX20 and I cannot wait for it to arrive
    YUP! I agree with you 100%, I’m trading/selling mi Icon521L for a new Vexus as well. I have owned 5 Rangers and have always been very happy but this new one just doesn’t do it for me. The hardware is junk, the plastic is junk , some of my lids are super hard to open and some other issues as well. It’s hard leaving a brand I’ve been loyal to for 20 years but I’m feeling good about being in a Vexus

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Maybe the Vexus rides better but I don't believe for a minute it fishes better than a Z520C/L. Not sure about u guys but I fish way more than I ride which I learned after fishing Champions for 13 years. Don't believe all the negativity you read on here about the current Rangers. My current boat is finished better than my 2012 Z520 was.
    Bob, the word "believe" infers that you don't really know...you just don't "believe." The only way to know is to fish out of both. My experience...Rangers fish really well...Vexus fishes better.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHannaford View Post
    Bob, the word "believe" infers that you don't really know...you just don't "believe." The only way to know is to fish out of both. My experience...Rangers fish really well...Vexus fishes better.
    It also can mean that you accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth of.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHannaford View Post
    In terms of fishability, The Z520's, pre C, C, and L boats have long been known as the benchmark for stability with the TM down when it comes to bassboats. Also extremely well known to not blow around in the wind and track very well on while on the TM. Lastly, the Z series boats sit very level in the water. I "believe" these are the 3 most important traits when discussing how a boat fishes, but I am willing to learn. Please share in detail what makes a Vexus fish better. Exclude ride comparisons as I did not bring that up in my initial reply. Also not interested in the livewell sales pitch either. I've owned and been in a range of bassboats over the last 20+ years including narrow, wide, bow high, tippy/stable,etc. But again maybe I'll learn something from your reply.
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 07-20-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Member
    i think by my comparison the Vexus is a little more tippy at rest lets say but very little but noticeable, i think this can be explained by looking at the hull the
    vexus has almost no bow flare, the Ranger has plenty bow flare therefore causing the vexus to slice through the waves better and as that bow flare touches the water on the Ranger at rest makes it a little more stable. However the the down side is when a wave hits the bow flare as the boat is in motion it causes the slap as others have mentioned.At least thats how i see it. both are great fishing boats and i think a person would be proud to own either one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12