tried a course I'd never played before

Went and played Stonehenge in Winona lake Indiana today. Used to be private, now open to the public. We played some shorter tee's, since none of us had played it before. Think it was playing 6100 from the ones we played. Playing it again I'd play the second set instead of the third (had 5 tee stations) which are 6500.

Shot a 42 on the front, had a double on 8 because of a lost ball which just aggravated me. Wasn't like I was way off line, think it got in some tall green side grass and just disappeared. Back 9 I stared off horrible, went double, triple, double, bogey, and thought I was going to be mid 90's at best. Ended up paring the last 5 holes, and shooting a 46 on the back for a 88. Not really sure why I played 10 and 11 so bad, other than I got into the rough on the tee shot. 11 was a par five, and my second shot ended up 160 in the rough with a pond to carry about 145. I should've just punched out, as the bent grass rough was hard to get a good shot on and just taken my medicine. Instead I did the dumbass into the pond shot.

Still fairly happy to stay in the 80's after the first 4 hole blow up. Nice course, lot of ponds, decent undulations on the greens, and plenty of bunkers.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    New courses are fun to try. But I do like the second round on them better! Always fun to see if you can correct your mistakes and change your targets.
    Fun to par your last 5 in a row to be in the 80’s. Thick rough is tough. Our course has had 4 inch Bermuda the last two years. Lucky to find it if you were right on top of it let alone hit it. This year it seems they are 2-3 inches and the course is much more forgiving. Speeds up play.
    I tried our alternating tees this week and shot an 84. It uses 8 tees from the second set and gets about 6500 yds. I like stepping back and trying to stretch my drives.

Managed a 87 today on a short course. Blew up a bit on the back. Had a triple on a par 5, but then calmed down and finished with a 44. That course I’d of liked to be 82-85, but still happy to be in 80’s last three rounds.

Been years since I’ve done that.