Thread: Best cooler.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have beat the crap out of my rtic and it is still doing awesome. They are heavy when loaded though.

2. Member
    Another vote for RTIC!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I had a 52qt Coleman extreme which was super. I still have the big Coleman extreme 150qt chest that will keep ice for a week in 90 deg weather. Filled it about half way and let it set in the driveway. Yeah some melted, but half to two thirds of the ice was still there. It was cold! The walls on that big one is really thick.
    Also had a Coleman Extreme, it was a great cooler, kept ice almost as good as the Yeti.
    Last year I had the cooler sitting under my Carport, the sun could still come in at an angle certain times of the day, during a hot summer day the sunlight Cracked/Split the back of the cooler right down the middle. Must have been the UV rays, after that I decided to buy Rotomolded coolers Only.

4. Banned
    Between Igloo, RTIC and Yeti...my Yeti is the worst at keeping Ice.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I love my RTIC, but those WalMart Ozark coolers are just as heavy and keep things cold really well! #Ozarktrailbutts doesn’t google as well as #Yetibutts but, I have decent coolers and Google so I’m all good.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    https://www.polarbearcoolers.com/pro.../Hard-Coolers/

Polar Bear now has a hard cooler. I can vouch for their soft coolers. I’ve had two nice hard coolers in my adult life. I had an old metal Coleman for decades. It just finally gave up the ghost. I replaced it with a Yeti when they came out. I figure it’s the last hard cooler I’ll buy in my lifetime.

7. Member
    Buy the lifetime you can keep the rest of your money in your wallet and be pleased with with your purchase whilst you drink your cold drinks!

8. Member
    I got two large Yeti coolers with my Cabela's club points, needed a cooler that would keep ice for several days on a hunt. They are so damn heavy I hardly use them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    Coleman Extreme
    I have a 15 year old Coleman Extreme that still keeps ice for days. I don’t understand the need to buy something like a Yeti.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I love my RTIC, but those WalMart Ozark coolers are just as heavy and keep things cold really well! #Ozarktrailbutts doesn’t google as well as #Yetibutts but, I have decent coolers and Google so I’m all good.
    I certainly agree about the heavy part but I have a 26 quart for overnights and I'm not impressed with performance. Will be trying an RTIC next.

Any one try Kong coolers? They get great reviews.

12. Member
    I prefer Grizzly. Made in USA.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

13. Member
    We have a couple Yeti coolers and I have nothing negative to say about them, they have been great .

14. Member
    I have a lifetime and love it.

15. Member
    We have a Colman extreme and a big RTIC and a soft sided RTIC. If keeping ice the longest time is most important, get the big hard sided RTIC. if price is most important, get the Colman extreme.colman is an exceptional cooler. RTIC is better (totally on par with yeti). But, Colman is very best cooler before new styles of hard plastics came out. Probably can’t go wrong either way.

happy travels

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Have had an RTIC 45 going on 5 years. $120 well spent.
    I have the RTIC 20, keeps my drinks ice cold in the Florida sun all day. If I ever need a bigger cooler then I will get a bigger RTIC!
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    I prefer Grizzly. Made in USA.
    My 65 Yeti is made in the USA. To the OP I have a Yeti and a 45 Engel, for the $$ the Engel is not a bad option.

18. Member
    Feels like deja vu.

What is a little capacity for you? 20qt, 40qt, 50qt, or bigger?

Anyways if you're on a budget, and only for a couple of days probably fine with a Coleman Xtreme. Bigger they are, hold more ice. Which makes them last longer. I also freeze big blocks of ice in a Tupperware container.

I've been happy with my Rtic 45 and 20.

Can camp from Mon-Fri and I'll still have some ice leftover.

Dalton, played by the late Patrick Swayze in "Roadhouse". Co-starring (IMO) the late & great Jeff Healey.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    My 65 Yeti is made in the USA. To the OP I have a Yeti and a 45 Engel, for the $$ the Engel is not a bad option.
    Very few Yeti’s are made in USA, although you can specify if you want USA made. They have a 5 year warranty, whereas Grizzly has a lifetime. The rating on the Grizzly is actually what it holds. You will find the Yeti’s will not hold what they are named.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast