Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I swore I'd never own one...famous last words

I've hated Glocks forever. Always thought they were the ugliest gun made. Yes, I know they are great guns, but I just couldn't get past the look. Been researching a carry gun for the wife and have been snooping around for one myself because, well, I just wanted another gun. Took the wife and daughter to the LGS today and came home with these. Have to admit, I wish I had bought one a long time ago. I'm a die hard 1911 fan boy for sure but the 19 is a seriously sweet shooting gun. My girls liked them too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

2. Member
    Glocks are a commodity, They are good at what they were designed for and are a purposeful tool. Almost all of the plastic striker fired guns are a copy of them.They have no soul though.

3. Member
    May not be the best looking gun out there but when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. The bad guy won’t know a thing...
    2015 189 trx

4. Banned
    Not a glock fan either, but I certainly respect their reliability. The grip angle just doesn't work for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    May not be the best looking gun out there but when you pull the trigger it goes bang every time. The bad guy won’t know a thing...
    Agree completely and thats what swayed me. Transom, i agree, they are totally utilitarian and will never replace my love for a 1911, but they just work.

They ain’t pretty, but they are dependable. Seems like most 1911 people don’t like Glocks, and the other way around. My first centerfire handgun was a Glock 19 (back in early 1990’s), and I put many thousands of rounds downrange with it. Carried it or its smaller G26 cousin as a CCW for many years. Went a different direction for a bit, but wound up back in the Glock camp last year when I purchased a Gen 5 G19. It was like sliding on a pair of my old blue jeans. Just felt right. Goes bang every time, and the bullets go where I want.

And as an aside, I’ve never met a 1911 I like. Have shot a bunch of them (my brother is a 1911 aficionado), including some high-end customs. Just not my thing.

7. Banned
    Where’s the carry

I own several different flavors of manufacturers. The one I carry with me every day is a Glock.

9. Member
    I have a 2 glocks, a 19 and a 36. I also have 2 springfield XDs mod 1 and 2. I end up carrying the springfield simply because the guns are just more comfortable to carry for me. I still love my glocks and honestly couldn’t tell you which of the two brands I like to shoot better. All 4 pistols have had a couple thousand rounds through them with zero issues and pin point accuracy.

10. Member
    I used to be Glock hater - as a former 1911 snob but know I have about 10 and that’s what I carry. Dang hard to beat for price point

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I used to be Glock hater - as a former 1911 snob but know I have about 10 and that’s what I carry. Dang hard to beat for price point
    My beef with them is they are expensive for what they are. They are so cheap to manufacture they should cost a lot less. The sencond band market is where to buy one imo.

12. Member
    Glocks are kind of like an AK ---always go bang
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Glocks are kind of like an AK ---always go bang
    Exactly why I decided to buy them. I have never had any issues with my 1911's but the Glock is light weight and legendary for its dependability.

14. Member
    I'm in the Glock hater group and a 1911/2011 fanboy. I can't do the grip angle and/or the horrendous trigger. I just like SA guns with hammers, thumb safeties, and metal frames. Glocks shoot fine and are very reliable but not my cup of tea.

I like my Glocks. They serve their purpose well.

my f.i.l. bought one, thought id never see the day. He foiled a house robbery and had his s&w 357. After that day he decided that even though he didn't fire a shot, a mag with more than 6 might be beneficial if the need arised.

The triggers can be worked for those who say they are horrendous, i polished all the internals and put in a 3.5# ghost connector. its quite nice now.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    my f.i.l. bought one, thought id never see the day. He foiled a house robbery and had his s&w 357. After that day he decided that even though he didn't fire a shot, a mag with more than 6 might be beneficial if the need arised.

The triggers can be worked for those who say they are horrendous, i polished all the internals and put in a 3.5# ghost connector. its quite nice now.
    I haven't changed connectors but always do the $0.25 job with Mothers Mag Wheels polish and get all moving parts to a mirror shine, makes a noticeable difference. My only gripe is my Gen3 19 was stolen last year so I replaced it with a Gen5 19 that is USA made and I am shooting low and left. I had the guy who runs the range and is former LEO shoot it and it did the same for him although not quite as bad as me. He claimed the issue was it was a USA made gun and that Austrian Glocks are machined better and supposed to basically be pretty dead on out of the box.

18. Member
    I think every gun owner should own a Glock 19. I have 2 but much prefer my M&P 2.0 Compact it has a more natural point of aim like a 1911. Having said that my go to for home defense is the Glock. I love them all though just wish I could feed them more but for now I am conserving ammo.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyc View Post
    I think every gun owner should own a Glock 19. I have 2 but much prefer my M&P 2.0 Compact it has a more natural point of aim like a 1911. Having said that my go to for home defense is the Glock. I love them all though just wish I could feed them more but for now I am conserving ammo.
    Im currently carrying the M&P and like it but I like the Glock better. Good move on the ammo. I got lucky and found someone with it in stock so I bought 1000 rounds

20. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I appreciate simple, reliable tools that can be counted upon to do a job and the Glock platform certainly fits that description.

In walking around form, my 30S totes 10+1 rounds of 230gr SXTs (plus a spare mag)...

Lounging around the house at night, it gets some illumination and a 13-round mag from its big brother, the G21...

I can (and do) lust after 1911s, but my Glock's never given me a reason to stray.
    Who controls John Gill?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast