Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    I've hated Glocks forever. Always thought they were the ugliest gun made. Yes, I know they are great guns, but I just couldn't get past the look. Been researching a carry gun for the wife and have been snooping around for one myself because, well, I just wanted another gun. Took the wife and daughter to the LGS today and came home with these. Have to admit, I wish I had bought one a long time ago. I'm a die hard 1911 fan boy for sure but the 19 is a seriously sweet shooting gun. My girls liked them too.
    Totally agree. Glocks are the AK 47 of handguns. Super tough, super reliable. Throw it in a mud hole, run over it every day with a convoy of log trucks, dig it out a year later, slosh it around in a creek a little, raise it up, pull the trigger and empty the magazine. Only reason I've never owned one is I HATE the "2 by 4" shape and feel of the grip. I bought a Springfield Armory XD .45 instead and love the grip. If Glock would ever put some ergonomics into their grips, they would finish taking over the market. But, I am left handed, since they have came out with the Gen. 5 models with the ambi. mag. and slide release in the G19, I'm about ready to get one. I must admit, perfect size 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Totally agree. Glocks are the AK 47 of handguns. Super tough, super reliable. Throw it in a mud hole, run over it every day with a convoy of log trucks, dig it out a year later, slosh it around in a creek a little, raise it up, pull the trigger and empty the magazine. Only reason I've never owned one is I HATE the "2 by 4" shape and feel of the grip. I bought a Springfield Armory XD .45 instead and love the grip. If Glock would ever put some ergonomics into their grips, they would finish taking over the market. But, I am left handed, since they have came out with the Gen. 5 models with the ambi. mag. and slide release in the G19, I'm about ready to get one. I must admit, perfect size 9mm.
    I'm with you on the Springfield's, i love mine.

3. Member
    I must be getting old. Totally forgot about last year buying a Sig P 320 Compact in 9mm. About same size as the Glock 19. But, feels oh so good in the hand.

4. Member
    I must be getting old. Totally forgot about last year buying a Sig P 320 Compact in 9mm. About same size as the Glock 19. But, feels oh so good in the hand.
    I still have Glocks, but when I shot (and subsequently bought) my first Sig (P365), I cant help but prefer them.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

Glocks are ok....once you install a new trigger and new sites......

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    I've hated Glocks forever. Always thought they were the ugliest gun made. Yes, I know they are great guns, but I just couldn't get past the look. Been researching a carry gun for the wife and have been snooping around for one myself because, well, I just wanted another gun. Took the wife and daughter to the LGS today and came home with these. Have to admit, I wish I had bought one a long time ago. I'm a die hard 1911 fan boy for sure but the 19 is a seriously sweet shooting gun. My girls liked them too.
    I'm just like you. Big 1911 guy and think Glocks are hideous looking. But, they're great weapons. Just bought a 46x for my wife and she loves it.
    Last edited by Mizzou211; 08-10-2020 at 11:09 AM.

7. Moderator
    I've put tens of thousands of rounds through Glocks and have stood by and watched even more go through them. I've personally never seen one fail. I love mine!

8. Member
    I have a G35 with well over 25k rounds through it. Years ago I thought I'd experiment and see how long it would go without cleaning or oiling it. Went almost 2k rounds before I couldn't stand seeing how dirty it was and caved before it did.

For me, the G26 Gen 5 was definitely a great carry gun and very accurate. They do go bang for sure but there are other guns out there just as reliable. I don't own anymore but I did have a handful. Everyone is trying to compete with the G19 and I found one gun I think is the closest contender. FN 509M. Even Hickok45 said if he didn't have a G19, the 509M would probably replace it.

Glocks I had
    G42,
    G43,
    G26 Gen 3 and Gen 5,
    G19 Gen2,
    G17 Gen 4

Now have

Sig 320C
    FN 509M
    Springfield XDM 4.5 9mm
    Mossberg MC1sc
    Last edited by Big Al; 08-18-2020 at 07:11 AM.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    I'm with you on the Springfield's, i love mine.
    I have a XDM 4.5 in 9mm, great gun. Built like a tank.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

11. Member
    I can’t get by only having a trigger safety on the glocks unless changes I’m not aware of have been made I have been CC for many years and shoot allot. The draw and fire exercises are part of my routine along with dry fire. No one knows how you will react when the time comes but I go to the trigger at towards the end of the draw and I would be the guy who shoots his own ass cheek.

12. Member
    I am left handed also but I am so used to working right handed guns it is "unnatural " for me to use a lefty, except for a 1911 with ambitious thumb safety's.

13. Member
    My first hand gun was a 1911, my second a 1911 also, but my 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th were glocks. I still have a love for 1911's but they just can't perform in adverse conditions like a glock. I know they've been in multiple wars and did good but now there are more reliable options on the market.

14. Member
    Im a long time glock hater...i hate almost everyrhing about them. I like my SIGs

Guess what i carry IWB almost every day...a damn glock 43 lol...it fit my requiments for IWB perfectly so bought and have been very pleased with its ugly ass lol
    Several reasons why...damn that gun shoots and carries so so nicely lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

If you are ever close to Smyrna Georgia you can stop by the Glock headquarters and they will go through your gun and inspect and replace anything that needs it free of charge. I took my Glock 21 by there a few years ago that I bought in the mid 90s and the armorer took it for a few minutes and brought it back to me. Resolved everything but the frame. Slide and barrel. Also exchanged out my three hi cap mags for brand new ones. Only thing I paid for was the new night sights they put on and they were $50.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Im a long time glock hater...i hate almost everyrhing about them. I like my SIGs

Guess what i carry IWB almost every day...a damn glock 43 lol...it fit my requiments for IWB perfectly so bought and have been very pleased with its ugly ass lol
    Yeah I was a 1911 guy, (still am) love them. Never thought much of concealed carry or carrying a handgun into combat. Although I am in the National Guard I am an NCO and not an Officer, therefore I am not allowed to carry a handgun, I have an m4. I really didn't know much about hand guns until I moved, changed units and met one the most knowledgeable gun nuts I have ever known. It took a little while to sink in but if your using a handgun its up close and personal. Levers and gadgets and gizmos are not needed. There are quite a few ways a 1911 will fail you if you are actually fighting someone who is trying to kill you. I thought about glocks, with no safety's for a few year's before getting one. I still love 1911's but really only in a nostalgic sense. Glock, it's a tool to save your life.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post

Exactly my thoughts. Not the best looking gun but it is easy to carry and it is as smooth as silk to shoot.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

The only Glock I’d care to have is the 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterBob View Post
    The only Glock I’d care to have is the 10mm.
    The only Glock I have is the G40. Its nice with a worked trigger. Shoot 180xtp with 9.5 of Longshot behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    The only Glock I have is the G40. Its nice with a worked trigger. Shoot 180xtp with 9.5 of Longshot behind it.
    What velocity are you getting with that load???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast