Thread: P2 performance

P2 performance

I knew my p2 had lost sufficient performance since i had got it in the latter part of 2014. At that time i had let Ronnie work his magic on my 25 fury. Most probably dont realize the importance of a "freshened up prop". So here in 2020 i sent my prop back to Ronnie. My little p2 is back to its oldself. Im thinking at least every couple yrs this needs performed. Here's a big shout out to Ronnie!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

I have never had a prop degrade over time, but I do square the trailing edge with file and scotch bryte the leading with a 3 in roloc disc occasionally, Ronnie does my props as well. The sharp clean trailing edge is very important to maintain performance
    By sharp on the trailing edge I mean a very flat surface with sharp edges, a couple of passes with a mill bastard file restores it
    Last edited by lpugh; 07-04-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    I really think as far as the prop degrading it comes down to the waters you fish and how much abuse you put it through. I know down here I get mine touched up once a year.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

4. Member
    Metal is metal! Even though the fury is of very good quality metal it has a certian level of memory. Every time you shower down and ease out of
    it the metal moves to a certian degree. In the world of metals i like to call this cycle metal fatigue. Then as Chris stated a sandy bottom water creates issues of its own. Just as loading at the ramp. Then the obivous of bumping objects in the water. Taking of in shallow water and etc. This all plays a part. So after sending mine off again and seeing the difference it made i will have a freshen up from time to time
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Props certainly need to be tuned up from time to time. Lots of variables but they eventually will need to be freshened up.