Yamaha sho weight?

Can anyone tell me the weight of a 250. Also thinking of repowering been pretty quite about the making oil situation has that been better in the newer models?

2. Member
    515lbs
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    As far as the " making oil" issue, I don't think the design or engineering of the engine has changed, but customers have figured out how to break the engine in differently and allow the rings to seat properly.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    As far as the " making oil" issue, I don't think the design or engineering of the engine has changed, but customers have figured out how to break the engine in differently and allow the rings to seat properly.
    +1. Unless Yamaha has updated the manual included with your purchase, you will have to call and ask, don’t follow it especially if it’s the several hour break in process. At one point in 2013 I called Yamaha and they told me the instructions were incorrect. My first 2013 SHO I followed the manual to a tee and it made oil pretty badly. Nothing I did would seat the rings. It was not until 60’ish hours I took it back to my dealer. They ran it tucked all the way under with the jack plate all the way down wide open for 2 hours, hasn’t made oil since. Every SHO since then, the first hour I vary the speed with little to no idling and don’t go higher than 5k RPM’s with the jack plate all the way down and the motor tucked. Hour 2, I run the RPM’s all they way up with the motor tucked and jack plate all the way down, really putting a load on it to heat it up in order to seat the rings. Not one SHO I’ve had with this technique has made oil. One thing I have noticed is every SHO had 2 - 3 hours on them brand new. Is the factory breaking them in to avoid the issue? My buddies run them hard the minute they take ownership and they haven’t had issues either. I run SHO 250’s and absolutely love them.

5. Member
    Website says 505 lbs.

6. Member
    Just break it in using the Mercury 4 stroke break in procedure. Works perfect!

7. bullyfish
    I have a 250 SHO on my Skeeter l can tell you if l was going to put a new motor on my boat it would not be a SHO. I would go with the Suzuki Pretty much bulletproof motors. I think SHO are all ticking time bomb’s

8. Member
    Why is that?
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO