Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Still want to know how a rod piston breaks. Is it the mounting pieces that broke?
    IMG_4429.png

Quote Originally Posted by rhinopro View Post
    No doubt that sux but was your rod piston attached to that?

I'm ready for my boat, I can assure you it does not happen on all boats.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I will post a pic of the piston, the mounts have also falling off that the piston attached too. Rod piston wasn't mounted to it. The mounting pieces didn't break. the shift sensor ended up being a loose ground wire, it took 2 trips to the dealership for them to figure that out. Through it all the mechanic was really helpful and tried his best, with the new 4 stroke motors there is going to be a learning curve until some time passes by.

4. Member
    I have seen every brand of boat have issues and I have owned about every brand. I use them hard but I never abuse them on purpose. I have fished from the Great lakes to Florida and every where in between. Most major issues I have seen have been from the way the boats are ran and I have torn up plenty of stuff by trying to make a run or make a run at a speed I shouldn't have. I currently have a 19 Z21 and had a 16 Z20 before it. They have been my favorite boats I have ever owned! There is no comparing them to the old Nitro's. The 21 is by far the best all around performance and riding boat I have ever been in. I hate that you have had problems but a good dealer is the most important thing. I drove 6 hours to Pro Choice Marine and in a yr and a half have not had 1 issue on anything. Rigging and prep is so important and the Merc 4 stroke issue is rare. It truly is an amazing motor compared to the 2 strokes. Hope it all works out!

Q[iQUOTE=rhinopro;11267174]Attachment 417962
    here is the rod box !! I have never seen this before on any boat!! I talked to the guy who fixes this type stuff for basspro shops and he just chuckled and said see you at the end of the season![/QUOTE]

is that a block of wood...

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Why yes looks like it is a block of wood. I have yet to have these issues and I'm putting 200 hrs on my boats. I don't doubt it, and yes that sucks, but should be fixed quickly.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by rhinopro View Post
    Wow.....yea i would be incredibly frustrated too. This day and age shouldnt be using scrap pieces of plywood like that.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Wow.....yea i would be incredibly frustrated too. This day and age shouldnt be using scrap pieces of plywood like that.
    No kidding... I am not an engineer but that seems like a really poor way to attach those tubes to the deck.

9. Member
    Rhinopro - On a boat I previously had. I installed a rod organizer and the upper lip of the black metal with the cutouts had two bolts that were thru the FG channel that is sealed by the locker lid. Still works 20 years later.

10. Member
    Sorry to hear all this. But you really sometimes get what you pay too much for!

11. Banned
    Anyone have a solution for the seat backs falling off on the cruise air seats? They are held together by some white plastic push pins but they keep falling down exposing the compressor and hoses behind the panel.

12. Member
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that a piece of wood?????? I thought the boat manufacturers did away with putting wood in boat builds???
    2017 Legend V20

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSmith View Post
    Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that a piece of wood?????? I thought the boat manufacturers did away with putting wood in boat builds???
    They stopped using wood as a main support structure. Sometimes putting a small piece of wood in a place where you need put a screw is the best option. Screws strip out of fiberglass easy without a wood backer. Also, my last boat boat used some wood and cardboard pieces that were used as a guide/support when they laid the fiberglass. They end up getting glassed in but offer no function or support, they were simply placed there so they could start building up the fiberglass on it.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

14. Member
    Damn, for 70 K, I def would not be buying a Nitro from Johnny cut corners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12