Banned

Traverse East Bay

Taking grandkids out later today and in the morning. I’ve never fished for smallmouth there...can anyone point menin the right direction? Depth?

thanks in advance

2. Banned
    Not many options for launching a bass boat on East bay. Any suggestions on this subject also? Should I consider going to west bay in the morning?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnutguy View Post
    Not many options for launching a bass boat on East bay. Any suggestions on this subject also? Should I consider going to west bay in the morning?
    I use this DNR launch when I'm fishing East bay and I have a 21 ft multi species. Go down to the south end 12-18 fow and look for dark spots ( grass ) and throw tubes and drop shot around the dark spots.
    E Grand Traverse Bay Boat Launch
    8100-, 8398 E Shore Rd, Traverse City, MI 49686
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/hZZvHJPThTZPNLmx8

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnutguy View Post
    You can probably still find some fish on beds also. Try the south end of the bay in front of condos, state park. The beds will be as shallow as 3ft and they won’t be hard to see, just look for bright turquoise spots.

5. Banned
    Awesome guys thanks!