Thread: Green?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Green?

How’s the main lake look after all the rain? Thanks

2. Member
    Havent been since tuesday but there was mud/debris coming from the river around holmes bend
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Member
    Thanks Stephen. Was thinking about trying it tonight after dark, but may just stay home too.

I have zero idea because I have not been in a couple of weeks. Thursday when I drove across the tail-water I noticed they are pulling a decent amount of water so what color was in the feeder system should be moving to the main lake area...now with that being said its pure speculation on my part but I bet the main body has still has a fish-able color in most areas. My experience has been once the trees have leaves and all the shrubs and underbrush turn green the runoff water is not as muddy as when the leaves and foliage are not present. Now I am sure there is colored water to be found but I also bet there is more fish-able color than off color...again pure speculation on my part and I very well could be wrong but based on what I have seen in the past I think you will be able to find fish-able color.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Thursday when I drove across the tail-water I noticed they are pulling a decent amount of water
    Friday when I drove over the tail-water the flow was very small. I think this is odd they cut the main gate back because the lake is still 3 ft over summer pool and there is no immediate chance for heavy rain. It may have something to do with the Ohio or Mississippi that's keeping them from pulling water.

Friday when I drove over the tail-water the flow was very small. I think this is odd they cut the main gate back because the lake is still 3 ft over summer pool and there is no immediate chance for heavy rain. It may have something to do with the Ohio or Mississippi that's keeping them from pulling water.
    Green river in the Ohio and Muhlenberg county area is way high from the rain, buddy told be the river came up 15 feet in one day.
    Ranger Forever

7. Member
    prolly gave in to the pressure of people wanting to kayak/float the river this weekend. Easier to dial it back a couple days than to have to do a swift water rescue

8. Member
    Thanks guys, but i ended up staying home. I'll probably go somewhere tomorrow night or Sunday night with the full moon happening.

Man that was an absolute toad strangler! We drove to KY lake Sunday morning and I didn’t think I’d ever get through it. Saw it on the radar before we left so I pulled the drain plug on the boat, glad I did.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

10. Member
    Would Green be safe to fish at night? Just wondering if there are lots of floaters and debris before I head that way late tonight.

11. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Monday/today I fished daylight until noon...water color is not an issue. At daylight I did see a few random small floaters. Nothing big, most were the size of your arm. Around noon on the way back I don't recall seeing any floaters. I guess the waves pushed what few there was to the bank.
    Last edited by JR19; 07-06-2020 at 02:45 PM.

12. Member
    Thanks a lot for the response. Going to give it a try tonight after dark. You have any luck this morning?

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Seven small keepers and 3 shorts...I am 4 miles from the lake and hear thunder in the distance but its south of the lake and should miss us. There is popcorn thunder showers starting to pop up so be careful. It will probably be over before dark but be careful anyways. I might ride back over at 930 PM and see what kind of weight they have at the Monday night jackpot if there is no storms present.

14. Member
    We just got poured on in Louisville with the sun out. I plan on putting in around 11 or 12 and fishing until it gets hot in the morning. Thanks again for the lake update and I will try to post a report sometime tomorrow.

15. Member
    I ended up just going to Cumberland Saturday & Sunday night both. I caught a limit both nights with 3 smallmouth & 2 nice largemouth each night. Almost every bite i had was a keeper both nights while my buddys wore the dinks out & managed one keeper both nights so you know i gave them h*ll. The only difference was the trailer i used, but i made it myself & it's not the big name brand that they like to use even though i had plenty of knock offs in the boat made from molds that i have, but they thought the name brand was better because it has salt in it & mine doesn't. By the way there are lots of floaters everywhere & we're talking whole trees in a lot of cases & there's plenty that would tear a transom out for sure, but the fish are definitely biting.

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    We just got poured on in Louisville with the sun out. I plan on putting in around 11 or 12 and fishing until it gets hot in the morning. Thanks again for the lake update and I will try to post a report sometime tomorrow.
    I had thought about going and watching the 930 Monday night jackpot weigh in but it is storming as type this at 915...I though maybe the storms would calm down once it got dark but apparently that just fired them up. Right now 915 my time 1015 your time we have 15 mph wind with gust to 30 mph and popping lighting off in the distance like crazy. Looking at the radar once this passes you should be good to go for the rest of the night.

17. Member
    I sat in the parking lot until 11:30 Monday night when everything moved out. Fished all night and only managed a few shorts and one decent bass. It was tough. I threw everything but only got bit on a wobble head. Not sure where I went wrong or if the bite was just tough because of the crazy pop-up storms all around.

18. Member

Jackpot?

I had thought about going and watching the 930 Monday night jackpot weigh in but it is storming as type this at 915...I though maybe the storms would calm down once it got dark but apparently that just fired them up. Right now 915 my time 1015 your time we have 15 mph wind with gust to 30 mph and popping lighting off in the distance like crazy. Looking at the radar once this passes you should be good to go for the rest of the night.
    JR19 do they have these every Monday night? If so, what time and where? Thanks.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kybasscat View Post
    JR19 do they have these every Monday night? If so, what time and where? Thanks.
    they do have them every monday night at Holmes Bend. I wanna say they run 6:30-10:30 est but i could be off a little, they may not start till 7. Good group of guys to fish with

20. Member
    Thanks Fishin is Life! Would you happen to have a contact where i might could get some specifics on times and such? Its about an hour drive for us so id like to know for sure on the start and end times. Again Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast