Thread: 210 vs 210

210 vs 210

Anybody have any real work experience and see/feel any performance/fishing difference between the Champ 210 and the Charger 210? Just curious. I had an 08-Champ 210 and never been in the newer version by Charger. I have a feeling the Champ 210 might have been 2 mph faster, but that is debatable for sure.

I would bet that an ultrex on the front is good for at least 1mph slower than a fortrex, and a fortrex was 0.5mph slower than my terrova. So a motor guide is even lighter so there is your two mph haha. But I feel like you are one of a few who could give us an honest review if you got in a new one.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    What was your set up and speed with your 2008?

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I have an 07 with a 250 HPDI and it will run in excess of 70. Mine starts to walk a bit there. I've never worked with the motor height or learned to stop the walk so I've never pushed it further. Back then, we were hearing of 73-75 from C&O Marine depending on motor and setup.

5. Member
    I’ve never been in a Charger 210 so really not trying to have an opinion. Looking for real experience opinion if there’s any difference in speed, ride, fish. My opinion is build quality is without a doubt better now.

6. Banned
    Exact same hull should be within 1-2 mph and handle the same.

7. Member
    I have been told the fit and finish of charger is not as good as champion. I’ve looked at chargers up close and didn’t see anything to be dissatisfied by. Heated seats? Heck yeah!
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    I have been told the fit and finish of charger is not as good as champion. I’ve looked at chargers up close and didn’t see anything to be dissatisfied by. Heated seats? Heck yeah!
    Absolute bullshit!!
    Charger 210 Elite

the are hulls are the same added the montegos to the side put a 4" Transom increased the depth and insulation of the cooler changed the front cap and console for a bigger electronics as far as ride the same speed on mine 72 to 73 2 people loaded

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Absolute bullshit!!
    +1 owned a couple of Chargers and I would put their build up against any boat being made.

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    That’s why there’s so many 1994-95 thru 2000 still going strong

12. Banned
    Last year saw the first Charger I fished out of at a local lake for a 1984 hull it still looks great.

I have an 1989 Charger 180VF and it has two little cracks in the gel coat on the transom in the corner less than an inch long no other cracks anywhere in the gel coat. No issues with fit and finish on this old boat. The only thing I have to do is once a year I have to tighten a couple of top cap crews that hold it to the hull under the run rail they will back out. Great build boats. It runs 68 with a 150 so I don't baby it either. Owned the boat since 2004. It is such a good boat I cannot justify the cost of a new one with the same quality as I have now.

14. Member
    Good to hear from you Bruce!