New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

300 series trailer question??

How far up does your boat sit on the main 2 bunks ? What I mean is when the boat if off the trailer there is a line where the boat has sat for sometime and mine is about 3 inches up from the end of the bunk is that ok or too far forward ? Does it matter where it sits as long as it travels down the road correctly or can it have some effect on the hull over time??
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I have my 362 Ranger's transom directly over the rearward vertical bunk supports. The butt end of a bass boat is applying the highest force to the trailer.

3. Member
    The rear of my center bunk boards are even with the rear edge of the hull. *Not certain that the bunks are original. I may move it forward another inch or so (I put a Drotto on this season, still tickling the weight distribution).

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

4. Member
    Most Rangers don’t contact the front end of the bunks because the hull starts to rise before the bunk ends. It’s not an issue.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I' more concerned with the rear edge of transom and how close it sits to the end of the bunk not the front,thanks for the info

6. Member
    My bunks stick out about an 1-1/2” to 2” past my bottom pad. These are the original bunks from the factory.

The question should not be where they are sitting on the bunks but how the trailer pulls down the road. Too much weight to the front or rear will cause swaying and poor handling. If it pulls straight then I guess its sitting where it needs to be
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Mine hang out about 2 or 3 inches came that way from ranger

If your trailer pulls fine down the road, don't mess with it!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    If your trailer pulls fine down the road, don't mess with it!
    Mine appears to wiggle a bit, if I look in the mirror. With an 8000# truck sitting on Timbrens, you'd never know it!

11. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    It pulls straight and doesn't sway much since I put on a set of Goodyear Endurance and as long as I come all the way up to my bow stop. Was just wondering as I saw the marks on the bunk when I went to get the trailer and giving it the once over while I retrieved the boat.