Johnson Fast Strike VST Pump Rebuild

Anyone know the part numbers needed for VST pump rebuild? I’ve searched many old Threads as well as google and nothing conclusive aside from needing gaskets, o rings, replacing diaphragm etc. No sites or resources to buy the parts or part numbers. My motor has battled heat soak for a year now so going to do the VST rebuild as many gurus on the board have recommended. I may try reducing the air orifice size as well but will try VST rebuild first. The VRO pump still is working well. The motor is 95 150 Johnson Fast Strike. Serial number escapes me right now. Thanks as always.
    Last edited by UWBASS; 07-02-2020 at 11:44 PM.

2. Member
    I just did this on my 95 Intruder. Part 393088 is the kit you need. Marineengine.com has them for around $14.
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150

3. Member
    The best thing you can do is use non ethanol fuel, your carbs should have adjustable idle orifices, this allows you to set the idle timing at the 6 degrees ATDC. These motors need to idle rich. Setting your idle rpm to around 800 rpm will also help. I hope this helps, old juggie is going on vacation.

4. Member
    Thanks to you both! I will rebuild the VST pump first (hope that helps the situation) and will try those adjustments as well before I do anything carb-related (carbs were rebuilt in 2016 already - always have run 100% non-ethanol fuel).

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    Thanks to you both! I will rebuild the VST pump first (hope that helps the situation) and will try those adjustments as well before I do anything carb-related (carbs were rebuilt in 2016 already - always have run 100% non-ethanol fuel).
    You're welcome. The kit comes with very good instructions and diagrams.
    Good luck!
    1995 Ranger 482VS
    Evinrude Intruder 150