Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Ya. Expensive paper weight now. I usually leave mine off so I dont get frustrated.

Can I have this back please???

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Genec View Post
    pfisher,when you said [ you boys ] hope you were not referring to me because i am saying, it is not so much in the adjustment as it is in the box,i could adjust mine before updates and can get my friends to do a fair adjustment,not like my first unit but liveable,thanks guys,still waiting for a decent update.Roy sorry to hear your's getting like mine,i took it off boat
    "Livable" is the point they hope we reach. I have seen this so many times in large corporations over the years. Half of my business is because one large company screwed up the software in a product and kept telling customers it was good enough.

There is no way they didn't know about this before release of the software that started it. Just the folks here that beta test are sharp enough to find it. Not everyone, as some fish differently, but not a chance it wasn't reported. Garmin made the choice at that instant. A new "shiny object" was more important than former customers. They decided it is "livable".

3. Member
    Well I went out this morning with a friend to help him dial in his electronics, he has both Garmin Livescope and Birds like me. He has a 1042 unit that he has never updated with pre Perspective View software. WOW is all I can say. Mine used to look like his. All I adjusted on his was color gain to 80%. I could see my jig, I could see the brush and I could see fish. Maybe and I mean Maybe a very small weak zone on brush but it was just a little weaker and very narrow. I told him never to do an update. Something about this whole thing sinks since Perspective View update came out. I seen it today very clearly. Come on Garmin!

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    They stopped listening

5. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    If you are not having any trouble with your Livescope , would you please post some images that we can look at?
    Here’s mine. Not sure if I’m having issues or not but I can throw my crappie jig, watch it sink to them and watch one come up and eat it. You can’t see the brush pile to great in the pic but I think that’s due to there being so many crappie.
    41AC814D-BF1A-4286-B2AE-D68D9D6D5BBA.jpeg
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

6. Member
    Ok, so here is my experience.

I purchased a new boat in March 2020 along with having the dealer install the what I knew as "Garmin LiveScope". Knew nothing about them other than the video images I saw online and knew I wanted that!

So, pick up boat and start playing with it. Again, I'm an electronic idiot. But my ActiveCaptain says I have the EchoMap Ultra 122sv along with Panoptix LiveScope System.

First month, great picture from what I could tell. Could pull up on a concrete bridge and see exactly what I thought I should see on screen. Could pull up on a hump in 15 ft of water and see exactly what I thought I should see.

About 2 weeks ago, with still no updates, I started seeing the "ghost tree" that I keep reading about.

So, willing to try anything at this point, I downloaded the new software update yesterday. I think. lol

Ghost tree was live and well last night on the lake.

So now what? Live with the ghost tree? Call Garmin and get a replacement or refund?

I've read this whole thread, but trying to figure out is it something we just have to live with or demand Garmin to make it right?

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you tired changing the settings to get rid of the "tree"????????

Ghost tree was there prior to the major updates and still there now.....i have/had it with before/after update. As of last weekend, i can adjust unit to get ride of ghost tree.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    Ghost tree was there prior to the major updates and still there now.....i have/had it with before/after update. As of last weekend, i can adjust unit to get ride of ghost tree.
    fishin couillon

Could you list your settings that you use to get rid of the ghost tree and the depths and bottom type?

Just curious as to what works for you and the conditions where you fish.

Thanks

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N2Labs View Post
    Ok, so here is my experience.

I purchased a new boat in March 2020 along with having the dealer install the what I knew as "Garmin LiveScope". Knew nothing about them other than the video images I saw online and knew I wanted that!

So, pick up boat and start playing with it. Again, I'm an electronic idiot. But my ActiveCaptain says I have the EchoMap Ultra 122sv along with Panoptix LiveScope System.

First month, great picture from what I could tell. Could pull up on a concrete bridge and see exactly what I thought I should see on screen. Could pull up on a hump in 15 ft of water and see exactly what I thought I should see.

About 2 weeks ago, with still no updates, I started seeing the "ghost tree" that I keep reading about.

So, willing to try anything at this point, I downloaded the new software update yesterday. I think. lol

Ghost tree was live and well last night on the lake.

So now what? Live with the ghost tree? Call Garmin and get a replacement or refund?

I've read this whole thread, but trying to figure out is it something we just have to live with or demand Garmin to make it right?
    Your case seems quite interesting. In the time that the picture quality changed were there any changes in water conditions (depth, temperature, clarity, algae, etc)? I am wondering if the change in quality is related somehow to a range of settings that your livescope has automatically shifted to (more or less gain, etc).

10. Banned
    Look at the arc that starts under the 30. Unless thats the strangest school ever I don't think they swim in an arc like that. Don't touch anything if you can see whats under the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    Here’s mine. Not sure if I’m having issues or not but I can throw my crappie jig, watch it sink to them and watch one come up and eat it. You can’t see the brush pile to great in the pic but I think that’s due to there being so many crappie.
    41AC814D-BF1A-4286-B2AE-D68D9D6D5BBA.jpeg

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I was thinking the same thing sorta strange pic

12. Member
    If you happen to get one of the many boxes that are bad when you get it,i will tell you a secret, No Adjustment Is Going To Correct The Problem. Period.

13. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Here’s another pic of that same school.

9DB5FCCF-EEEF-4248-9B01-18F2238DD39A.jpeg
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Under 30 is the pic gone?its hard to tell in a still picture

15. Member
    Damn I am glad I never updated anything on mine after reading this thread.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genec View Post
    If you happen to get one of the many boxes that are bad when you get it,i will tell you a secret, No Adjustment Is Going To Correct The Problem. Period.
    And the guys with a good system will never understand what we are seeing until they get in the boat with a bad one.
    I've made sure my trolling motor is plumb, today I took a fully charged separate battery for the GLS10 just to make sure there wasn't a voltage or amp issue, I've adjusted the transducer several times and still have a ghost tree, if you adjust the settings to make it better then you create a bigger dead zone. It's frustrating when you've been with someone with a good system and know what it's capable of.

17. Member
    Greening, I have posted on here to help those who have our problems so they will not have the same problem as we are having, I rewired battery, put a separate battery, put on 24 volts,put it on TM, on stick,adjusted it every way I could, with little to no different, if one gets a bad box and if you buy one now it is a good chance it will be bad, you are NOT GOING TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM WITHOUT ANOTHER BOX THAT IS BETTER,IF YOU GET ON THE BOAT WITH A PERSON THAT HAS A OLD UPDATE IT WILL MAKE YOU MAD TO KNOW YOU WILL NEVER SEE ONE THAT GOOD ON YOUR BOAT ANYTIME SOON

18. Member
    Gene, you are correct. I seen it first-hand the other day when I went out with a friend who had an older black box and system that has not been updated, pre Perspective View software. I was blown away how clear the picture was, no gost tree, no noticeable dead zones. Garmin sent me a new black box in April, with the latest software it was an improvement over what I had. Now last 2 trips my dead zone has returned and it's pretty big, about 10' wide. Garmin has agreed to send me one more black box (this time a refurbished one) to try. I only have a couple of months left on my warranty. I don't have high hopes of it working. What do I do when my warranty runs out and it still isn't fixed. Garmin should extend our warranty until they can get this messed figured out!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxfisher View Post
    Your case seems quite interesting. In the time that the picture quality changed were there any changes in water conditions (depth, temperature, clarity, algae, etc)? I am wondering if the change in quality is related somehow to a range of settings that your livescope has automatically shifted to (more or less gain, etc).
    Same lake, so pretty much same water clarity.

Depth was various from the start.

No algae.

I went from fishing concrete bridge columns to brush piles and humps when the change occured.

20. Member
    Why do you guys with problems not simply roll back to 2.20?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast