Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Garmin gets called out at Crappie championship.

My installer has a few customers that fish large crappie tournaments. Apparently at the TOC for ACT one of the teams called garmin out for the last software updates. They were live streaming the weigh in and one team made a statement saying something like, "Garmin needs to fix these units. There is thousands of dollars worth of their equipment out in that parking lot that is now junk."

He also told me the bass guys on the ledges are hot over the dead spot when drop shotting.

So what do you say garmin??? Ignore us or not??

I hope Garmin listens..If the Pros are complaining, maybe the issue will be corrected..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

3. Member
    My unit is starting to show more issues again over the last few trips. Nothing has changed in my setup. Dead spots have returned and appear to be getting stronger. Like GeneC posted last week I also had an entire brushpile disappear on my screen. It was gone no matter how I turned or aimed my transducer. I was in about 25 fow. Brushpile disappeared at about the same distance. I could move my boat forwards or backwards about 10' and the entire brushpile with fish would reappear clear as a bell. Left and went to a different brushpile under similar conditions and it showed up fine at all distances. Makes no sense to me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    I hope Garmin listens..If the Pros are complaining, maybe the issue will be corrected..
    And that is sad, why should it take a few tv fisherman to get Garmin on the ball about the issues over a million, just guessing that number, regular fisherman have. Mine is still toast, waiting on the gurus at Garmin to decide what the problem is. We buy ours and I would guess the ones using Garmin get theirs for free. jmo

5. Member
    What garmins are they referring too

6. Member
    I have to rely on my humminbird 360 to stay connected to 4x4 stake beds 7-10ft in front of the boat, the completely disappear on Livescope.

7. Member
    I think also people reading these continuous threads look that the names of the posters. Not knocking the posters but if you were to read all the posts you would think it's a epidemic which I don't think it is. Yes there are some problems but there are alot of happy people and ALOT of recycled threads on here. With 3-4 guys that are clearly having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Trystanking View Post
    I think also people reading these continuous threads look that the names of the posters. Not knocking the posters but if you were to read all the posts you would think it's a epidemic which I don't think it is. Yes there are some problems but there are alot of happy people and ALOT of recycled threads on here. With 3-4 guys that are clearly having problems.
    If you are not having any trouble with your Livescope , would you please post some images that we can look at?

9. Member
    Sure. Monday when I get home from the lake. I've had a livescope since they came out. So I know wjat im talking about

Sure. Monday when I get home from the lake. I've had a livescope since they came out. So I know wjat im talking about
    That would be great. ��I am interested mainly in the depth & forward range that you are fishing.

Had my LS a couple years and barely look at it now. It's terrible and i assume out of warranty. I didn't call Garmin. Tired of getting the "We never heard of that before" reply.

12. Member
    Still have the latest update... and no tree, no dead spots. Lucky I guess

13. Member
    Well guys, some of us have been saying it since perspective update but many did not believe us and still some don't, I recond they think they know all about these units and the ones having problems just don't know how to adjust nor set up units,i have been running units since early stage of flashers,that being said, i think we know how to use the livescope about as good as the pros,now to help some of you out if i am having trouble on a hill land lake at 25 feet out and you are on a flat land lake ,there is a better chance that I am going to have a bigger problem than you are at seeing my bait at about 25 to 36 feet.i am going to let that sink in awhile to see if some of you know why.i give you a hint,i can get in 60 feet of water and watch jig all the way without adjusting anything, do any one want to tell me why,some of Garmin's people tells me I have to keep it so straight pointed at bait which i know,been doing it for about 2 years ,but why then is it so hard to keep it straight in 30 fow and so easy to keep it straight in 60 fow,if you are not having that problem great but the more we teach people to fish away from under boat the more i am seeing that many more are having that problem. I know that some live on highland lakes not having that problem but it seams to be more of a problem there,later if you want my answer i will give it to you,

14. Member
    Tell us Gene!

15. Member
    I don't know what or where you have been reading, but it's a hell of a lot more than 3 or 4 guys.

17. Member
    Garmin replaced my Live-scope system this last Tuesday including network cables. Installed it Wednesday ,my trans is mounted on and old power drive trolling motor that I scan with remote . Leveled the deck of my boat and power drive mount using a bubble level checked with bubble level my shaft everything seemed plumb . Have been running Live-scope for over a year using GPSMAP1022XSV upgraded to GPSMAP8610XSV to have more pixels. I fish shallow water less than 30' single pole chasing crappie and on standing timber most of the time less than 20' deep soft bottom at Sardis in Ms. I have trans mounted on summit mount that can be turned or canted in any direction . First time out yesterday it looked like the old system arching ghost 10' down out to bottom then arching up to 16' forward from the bottom and 45 degree ghost radiating out from bottom to surface at 40'. Anything that enters these ghost fades or totally disappears until they get inside the arching ghost then they reappear very disturbing. Went back to ramp had a plumb line in boat got out on concrete parking lot in the water put line on shaft and it was out about 3/4" from plumb . Came back home redid everything on power drive as far as level goes got it better . Went back to lake today still had both ghost same areas played with every setting finally got it to have a decent picture but still not what it used to be last year . Setting were Gain 64 , range 30' , depth 19' or auto , Noise rejection medium , TVG off , AHRS on, Focus 25 , Color Gain 82 , Trails fast , Pitch Default . Came back home removed trans from shaft put plumb line on shaft still out a little readjusted mount on power drive its plumb now for sure . Not going back until after the 4th so won't be able to check it but I'll take pics and post . Yea i'm one of the guys that have been complaining about this . Hope someone will be able to figure this out its getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

18. Member
    Can't load videos. Not sure why. Could use help. Or someone give me there name on messenger and I'll send them that way and they can post

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You have to put videos where they can be hosted and then post link here....dont believe they can be directly uploaded to website.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

20. Banned
    Yea it's a lot more than us here. Crappie forums have a lot of complaints. I talked to a guy at the TOC and he said it was the talk of the tourney. There are also those that haven't updated and don't see the issue. I never would have updated but my original transducer crapped out and sent me a new system.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast