Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Ranger NON customer service

I have to say I have stood up for Ranger during all these changes. I really didn't believe all the rumors

Unfortunately, Ranger has proved me wrong and I am having to eat crow!

My boat was scheduled for almost two years to go back to the factory to fix the gel coat (which I believe was contaminated).

They declined it under warranty but offered me a deduction in price. Which leads me to believe they knew it was a factory defect.

However, I got a call a week before I was supposed to take it in and was told the finish shop was closed.

I was informed they didn't know anything else at the time. So, after approximately 15 phone calls to Ranger and White River, I was informed today the the supervisor made the call that they will not be fixing my boat.

I asked if they could have one of their dealers repair the boat. They said yes but they would not cover any portion and I would have to pay full price now.

Needless to say this is not feasible or acceptable.

I will be writing a letter to White River addressed to Johnny Morris. Of course I don't expect any response.

In the meantime, I am working on a 8' tall by 16' long graphic banner and plan to spend weekends in Springfield, Missouri.

I will probably even hit a few big tournament trails as well.

This is absolutely wrong for Ranger Boats to not keep their word. I will spend the money on what it would cost to get the boat fixed on fuel and hotel rooms flying a banner explaining how Rangers customer service cares about their customers.

I have owned 5 Ranger Boats, I have a feeling my next will be a Basscat or Skeeter.

My boat is a 2010 and the gel coat looks worse than anything I've ever seen. I bought it in 2012 and it has been garaged kept. Wiped down after every use and detailed at least twice a year.
    Last edited by cosmoranger; 07-02-2020 at 09:04 PM.

2. Member
    I hate to hear story’s like this but I’m afraid this is the direction Ranger is headed. It’s hard to want another ranger when you know what the outcome is going to be over the next foreseeable future. I hope you get your boat fixed.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    A ten year old boat that you purchased two years into it's life? No boat manufacturer would offer a re-spray or full repair under those circumstances, even if it showed up 2 years ago when you started down this path an 8 year old finish repair or re-spray would still fall under good will from a manufacturer at best. I feel your frustration but your expectations on a full spray gelcoat repair on a ten year old boat are a little to steep in my estimation.

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    A ten year old boat that you purchased two years into it's life? No boat manufacturer would offer a re-spray or full repair under those circumstances, even if it showed up 2 years ago when you started down this path an 8 year old finish repair or re-spray would still fall under good will from a manufacturer at best. I feel your frustration but your expectations on a full spray gelcoat repair on a ten year old boat are a little to steep in my estimation.

I think his complaint isn’t that they won’t cover under warranty but instead they are not living up to their word saying they would fix it at a discounted price.

6. Member
    It seems like there are fewer and fewer reasons to buy a Ranger as time goes by. I’m on my 3rd. It’s going to be tough to justify a 4th. Sad.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC33 View Post
    It seems like there are fewer and fewer reasons to buy a Ranger as time goes by. I’m on my 3rd. It’s going to be tough to justify a 4th. Sad.
    Because of personal experience or what you read on here?
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

I never expected Ranger to do this for free.

Not to mention I took the boat to the factory after the first year to let them look at it. They declined warranty on it then when it was just starting.

The problem is Ranger Boats scheduled to fix my boat for a certain amount of money. The have now decided to shut down their finish shop and are not keeping their word.

If you don't see an issue with that then that's your right.

However, I was taught a man (company) was only as good as his word.

I hope I never have to rely on your word for anything.

You think it's a little extreme for me to expect someone to keep their word!

Wow, what is this world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    I think his complaint isn’t that they won’t cover under warranty but instead they are not living up to their word saying they would fix it at a discounted price.

Exactly!

My complaint is they gave me a price and date to fix my boat and they have now backed out.

If someone doesn't see a problem with that, then I'm not sure about their word or integrity.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Because of personal experience or what you read on here?
    personal experience. Don’t get me wrong....I enjoy my boat. But it has a bit more plastic than I’d prefer, and their customer service has not been great for me lately....it seems more “corporate” than it used to be. Also, now they’re not even making their own trailers.
    I’m not saying that I will definitely buy a different brand next time. It will just be a consideration, whereas in the past it has been a no brainer since Ranger was quite a bit ahead of the others.
    2019 Ranger z521c (RGR17030E819)
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke V8 (2B531611)
    RangerTrail (7J5BBDK20KF164876)

11. Member
    That boat was built when Platinum Equity owned Ranger wasn't it?

Dont think I would have scheduled a repair 2 years down the road. Lots of stuff can happen. Like the shop closing. How could they have known. It was a goodwill gesture that didn't work. Move on.

13. Member
    They can still do the work at the factory. They should honor their previous commitments and then shut their shop down. So I agree with the OP. Ranger backed out of an agreement. To me it says where the company is heading.

14. Member
    It seems these posts about Ranger and customer service has been added to the forum more frequently and I have witnessed a decline as well. At this point, with the current information, I will not buy another Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by JCV73 View Post
    It seems these posts about Ranger and customer service has been added to the forum more frequently and I have witnessed a decline as well. At this point, with the current information, I will not buy another Ranger.
    I dont think the OP post had anything to do with customer service.

16. Member
    You got me confused, but that can be easy sometimes. If you are not taking care of a customer then what is "customer service".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    I dont think the OP post had anything to do with customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Dont think I would have scheduled a repair 2 years down the road. Lots of stuff can happen. Like the shop closing. How could they have known. It was a goodwill gesture that didn't work. Move on.
    I didn't schedule it for two years.....they continued to push me back. At first I was told they would be ready for it in a few months. I was told to call. Everytime I called it was anoy 2-3 months. Finally almost 2 years later they gave me a date to bring it in. The week bei was supposed to take it, I got a call to not bring it because they have closed the finish shop.

For the people who think I am being unreasonable......I sure hope nothing happens to your boat.

Your dealer will have to sub your fiberglass work or to Joe blow.

This came straight from Jeff Gardner and Sandy Hamby.

The warranty work at the finish shop is over for good.

Not spreading rumors, just stating what they have told me.

Again, I have stood up for Ranger during all these rumors. But until they keep their word with me I will continue to post facts!

If you don't like it I really don't care.

I have a paper trail of two notebooks. Dates, time person I spoke with and the length of our conversation.

I have already received a couple PM's telling me to to e it down. I'll tone it down when they keep their word!

Until then, Rangers word is worthless!

18. Member
    Tone it down, nah, I don't think so. That's covered under the first amendment!!

I understand now. Guess I'd feel the same way if that's what they told me. All I can do is wish you luck now.

Does this mean that the recarpet shop is closed also? I was hoping to get mine recarpeted over winter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast