Leaky trim cylinder

Can anyone direct me in the right direction to fix my leaking trim cylinder?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Screenshot_20200702-220142_eBay.jpg
    I purchased this on Ebay. It has worked for several years on a 1989 Mercury 200 HP. I added this once to the power trim fluid and it has worked perfect with no issues or leaking fluid.

Spanner wrench and trim cylinder repair kit! Forget the mechanic in a bottle stuff
    See ignorance daily

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin butch View Post
    Spanner wrench and trim cylinder repair kit! Forget the mechanic in a bottle stuff
    Agreed ...

5. Member
    They are very easy to change out. It should take you longer to order them than the actual process... Order the new seals and don't forget to get more trim fluid.

6. Member
    Change them out...they are a bit pricey though. I bought the ones off Ebay from [COLOR=#0654BA !important]fivestarmarinesolutions [/COLOR]and they are very good quality.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basspro57 View Post
    Change them out...they are a bit pricey though. I bought the ones off Ebay from [COLOR=#0654BA !important]fivestarmarinesolutions [/COLOR]and they are very good quality.
    I bought a pair of those same ones. Also got a small bottle of trim fluid to top it off. Hopefully the install goes as smooth as everyone's saying!

8. Member
    You have to trim the motor up all the way and use the flip away bracket to hold the motor up. then trim down to take the pressure off the seals. Otherwise the hydraulic pressure will hydrolock them in place and you wont be able to get them loose. Easy job other than knowing that trick.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basspro57 View Post
    You have to trim the motor up all the way and use the flip away bracket to hold the motor up. then trim down to take the pressure off the seals. Otherwise the hydraulic pressure will hydrolock them in place and you wont be able to get them loose. Easy job other than knowing that trick.
    Thanks for the tip!