Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TW cancels holiday sale

Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Ok. I like tw. No biggie that their isn't a sale in these uncertain times.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Banned
    Do You really blame them? Tackle every where is in limited supply and shipping recreational items when there are folks dying, even if not expiring in the numbers reported, and TackleWhorehouse™ gets ripped on 'social media' because Joe Wingnut has a $25 Tourney next week and there is practice to be had..

Why would anyone order after they read the following:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/catpage-TWCOVID19.html

What happened to 'caveat emptor' ? It has been years since The Seminary so my Latin is spotty at best.. in the days of Ordo ab chao all rules are out the window?

4. Banned
    Can't pay those naming right fees and give a discount also... Econ 101... Dan

5. Member
    Say it ain't so

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    ...gets ripped on 'social media' because Joe Wingnut has a $25 Tourney next week and there is...
    Hey, Joe Wingnut has a family to feed while livin' the dream... I'm standing up for Joe Wingnut!!!... Dan

7. Member
    Do You really blame them? Tackle every where is in limited supply and shipping recreational items when there are folks dying, even if not expiring in the numbers reported, and TackleWhorehouse™ gets ripped on 'social media' because Joe Wingnut has a $25 Tourney next week and there is practice to be had..

Why would anyone order after they read the following:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/catpage-TWCOVID19.html

What happened to 'caveat emptor' ? It has been years since The Seminary so my Latin is spotty at best.. in the days of Ordo ab chao all rules are out the window?
    I think you're a little ignorant or niave on some things. I'm a business owner. I get packages almost daily from a variety of vendors. Not to mention the 5k ive spent on boat and fishing stuff from land big fish, bass pro, dicks, Amazon, ebay etc since march. NO DELAYS and I live in NY. I order from mcmaster carr for my shop and its there next day every time. Tackle warehouse got too big for their own good. The prices suck, and there's obviously more to the story with the shipping problems. Maybe they spent to much sponsoring pros and a tour???

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Hey, Joe Wingnut has a family to feed while livin' the dream... I'm standing up for Joe Wingnut!!!... Dan
    Don’t forget about his cousin Joe Lugnut, his dream matters too!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    I think you're a little ignorant or niave on some things. I'm a business owner. I get packages almost daily from a variety of vendors. Not to mention the 5k ive spent on boat and fishing stuff from land big fish, bass pro, dicks, Amazon, ebay etc since march. NO DELAYS and I live in NY. I order from mcmaster carr for my shop and its there next day every time. Tackle warehouse got too big for their own good. The prices suck, and there's obviously more to the story with the shipping problems. Maybe they spent to much sponsoring pros and a tour???
    My thoughts for sure
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post

If 'truth be typed' I pledged $50 on the GoFundMe™

11. Member
    Some businesses either get too big, and make bad decisions. Or assuming the good times will never end. Similar to people at work, counting on incentive, and overtime as a part of their income.

Well, my season is pretty much over. I can’t continue to compete in the Tuesday night fruit jar tournaments without the savings I generate from the TW 20% off sale. My profit margin is essentially shot for the year. I don’t know much Latin, but this ‘hic exsugos’.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

13. Banned
    If 'truth be typed' I pledged $50 on the GoFundMe™
    ... Dan

They're doing the best they can under the constraints placed on the workplace by the state. They're having a hard enough time trying to get product shipped out as it is (and folks are bitching). Why would they flood their system with a sale when they can't come close to keeping up with regular order traffic? Besides, don't all you "pros" get direct product shipments from your sponsors?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdwelding View Post
    I think you're a little ignorant or >>>>>>niave<<<<<< on some things.

I'm this one. The "niave" one but I am able to read English, at least until it too is replaced. I read this:

We reside in the County of San Luis Obispo, it has issued a Shelter in Place order effective Thursday March 19, 2020 at 5pm that will remain in place until further notice. This means that we will have to limit operations until further notice to help do our part to stem the spread of COVID19 and protect the safety our team members. Our customer service and fulfillment departments will remain open, and we will continue to do our best to get all orders out promptly. We will keep our staff and customers notified of any changes to our current situation. Please check our website and social media outlets for further updates. We hope that you and your loved ones are able to stay safe and healthy in these uncertain times.

And this:

We have had to reduce our phone coverage hours to comply with CDC requirements and to maintain the safety of our customer service team. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. During this time please email us at info@tacklewarehouse.com for the fastest response.

16. Banned
    I received an order last week next day. I'll keep using them, since they have a webstore that doesn't look like it was built by an illiterate 5th grader.

17. Member
    I'm this one. The "niave" one but I am able to read English, at least until it too is replaced. I read this:

We reside in the County of San Luis Obispo, it has issued a Shelter in Place order effective Thursday March 19, 2020 at 5pm that will remain in place until further notice. This means that we will have to limit operations until further notice to help do our part to stem the spread of COVID19 and protect the safety our team members. Our customer service and fulfillment departments will remain open, and we will continue to do our best to get all orders out promptly. We will keep our staff and customers notified of any changes to our current situation. Please check our website and social media outlets for further updates. We hope that you and your loved ones are able to stay safe and healthy in these uncertain times.

And this:

We have had to reduce our phone coverage hours to comply with CDC requirements and to maintain the safety of our customer service team. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. During this time please email us at info@tacklewarehouse.com for the fastest response.

Well yes you can read but the comprehension.....
    "Our customer service and fulfillment departments will remain open, and we will continue to do our best to get all orders out promptly. We will keep our staff and customers notified of any changes to our current situation"

https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departm...stries-to.aspx

Seems to me they could have been back to full staff (customer service and order fulfillment probably always were)

18. Member
    If people don't want to shop there, then don't. I don't understand why it needs a denigrating post online. I'm sure LBF will have a 4th sale for all 16 of their in stock items...we're lucky to have options at the click of a button.

19. Member
    Don't waste a good crisis. They went up in price on shipping. Everyone knows you can't really send a package cross country for $5. I sent a some spoons back to barrows tackle, 2lbs was package weight, costs me $10.
    Theor prices are still better than most and definitely better than BPS. Their inventory is still strong and I'll use them when my local store doesn't have what I want, when I want it. If ever BPS figures out they can make up the price differential with volume, you can kiss these private online stores goodbye.
    Joey Aderhold

Quote Originally Posted by Tywithay View Post
    If people don't want to shop there, then don't. I don't understand why it needs a denigrating post online. I'm sure LBF will have a 4th sale for all 16 of their in stock items...we're lucky to have options at the click of a button.

Its the world we live in these days. Even during a pandemic some people feel.slighted if a retailer does not have a sale.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast