Thread: Prop question

Prop question

Is a 4 blade prop better on bow lift than a 3 blade? I feel I’m not getting enough bow lift. Running a 25m and have
    a 25 vmax prop. I do have a gorilla hull and have heard that boats don’t run the same with it. I bought the boat
    with it already on. Zx 225 hpdi

2. Member
    I have an older ZX200 (2012 hull?), and after swapping to a 4 blade I have much more control over the bow's attitude. I originally had a 25 T1 and after adding several items in the rear (hyd jack plate, dual blades, bigger batts., more gear, etc.) I had horrible holeshot and huge bow rise for a while trying to get on plane. And then also had horrible porpoising. I didn't want to have to reposition a lot of gear where I didn't want it, so I looked for other options. Initially I installed a Chris Bailey Foil and that pretty much fixed all my issues. Then I came across a 4 blade Solas 22p prop on here (22" Solas L4 Pro, 15x22) which runs closer to a 23" and gave it a try and that made a huge difference for where I can run the bow. And it really helped even more with holeshot.

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I’m gunna try one.

4. Member
    no 4 blade props lift the stern 3 blade props with blade designs like the tempest, solas scorpion, solas pro L 3, merc mirage and others are made for bow lifting in heavy front end boats