Aluminum v Poly Fuel Tank - Suggestions

I had an issue with my poly tank that I will most likely have to get a new fuel tank. I'm thinking of having an aluminum tank built to spec on my 2005 Z21. The decision will be to have two 24 gallon tanks built or one 48 built. With one tank, I would have to put a plate over one of the fills and not utilize the Port/Starboard switch. Has anyone converted to aluminum or switched to one tank? Of course, one tank is cheaper than two. Any suggestions or opinions are helpful.

I would bet that a metal tank will create more condensation in the winter than a plastic tank would.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Converting to one tank, whether it be aluminum or poly, would allow for a more even weight distribution I would think. I know some people will run down one tank a little and keep switching back and forth to keep the weight even but you wouldn’t have to worry about that with one large tank. Just my opinion.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche