re-work of a yamahaT-2 25 pitch prop

I have a 25 pitch Yamaha T-2 prop that came with my 921 PHX with a 250 sho. It has a funny flat spot in one of the blades and was wondering if it is worth paying to send it to Mark Croxton to work it back into shape. I am currently running a bravo 1 26 4 blade now and getting a great hole shot and top speed around 72 mph 6000 rpms. I ran the Yamaha for a short while when i bought the boat, but it seemed really hard to drive at top end. The 4 blade Bravo 1 is great.

2. Member
    I run a 920 with a 250 SHO and your T-2 should not be an issue to drive at all. If you've never hit anything with it, it sounds like a blade has a defect. I would send it off to Mark and have him look at it and fix it.

3. Member
    Send it to Mark. Sho props aren't very good out of the box. It won't ever have the hole shot and handling of the bravo, but it will be a completely different prop when you get it back. That chine walk will all but be gone

4. Member
    Will I gain any top end speed?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbasser 52 View Post
    Will I gain any top end speed?
    72 is good for a 921PHX. The 921 Elite and 921 ProXp hulls are the fastest, and a great speed for either of them is mid 70’s. Mark will tell you the T1 or T2 is the best prop for a SHO, the one you have may not be true out of the box and Mark can make it right. I send all my props to him and after he worked my T1 it’s very fast and smooth through the entire RPM range.

6. Member
    great thank you.

7. Member
    T1's and T2's are ticking time bombs in my opinion. A worked tempest is a better option that will rival the T1/T2 for speed. I actually prefer the Bravo or Razor 4XL on the SHO. You might give up 1-2mph but they do everything else better including a better ride.