Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Been there on business once, seemed like a nice place (politics aside), had some frozen custard at a place that was known for it (can't remember the name of the place), it was pretty good.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Been there on business once, seemed like a nice place (politics aside), had some frozen custard at a place that was known for it (can't remember the name of the place), it was pretty good.

3. Member
    Former Governor Lee Dreyfus once said, "Madison, Wisconsin is 30 square miles surrounded by reality."

4. Member
    WI is an awesome place to live. Outside of the republic of Madison, its very conservative in values and ideas and is a great place to raise a family. Tons of lakes and good fishing along with some of the nicest people you'll meet.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    WI is an awesome place to live. Outside of the republic of Madison, its very conservative in values and ideas and is a great place to raise a family. Tons of lakes and good fishing along with some of the nicest people you'll meet.

Believe it or not, when and if we do need to be near/in a city, we actually prefer Milwaukee to Madison!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Cheese County Bass Club

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    It is as if joseph goebbels is coming up with this stuff.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Banned
    I hope the person who wrote that article see a chiropractor... They've twisted themselves into a pretzel... Their back has to be hurting... Dan

Just out of curiosity, don’t most people at the protest have masks on as part of the protest? Know most pictures I’ve seen that is the case. Beach goers, and trump rally’s not so much.

I don’t follow the protests or political rally’s much, but from the pictures that would look to be 1 difference.

10. Banned
    Try open source news pictures and not the glorification shots/films from CNN, MSNBC etc etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=blm+...w=1472&bih=698

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Just out of curiosity, don’t most people at the protest have masks on as part of the protest? Know most pictures I’ve seen that is the case. Beach goers, and trump rally’s not so much.

I don’t follow the protests or political rally’s much, but from the pictures that would look to be 1 difference.
    Lol....They have them on to conceal their identity

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Try open source news pictures and not the glorification shots/films from CNN, MSNBC etc etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=blm+...w=1472&bih=698
    I never look at cnn or msnbc, but glancing at yours I do see a ton of masks. Just curious, know people with virus so I’ll keep being cautious while out.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Like sun prairie is any better
    lol its NOT...I do not enjoy living here....plans to move are in the works...I consider Sun Prairie to be a part of Madison now...it really is no longer its own city.
    Last edited by basshole51; 07-06-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    lol its NOT...I do not enjoy living here....plans to move are in the works!

In state or another state?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    In state or another state?
    in state... I love WI...born and raised here (about an hour from Madison)...will be staying local"ish".. I just need to get the heck out of Dane County...lived here for a year and a half now....not for me
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    in state... I love WI...born and raised here (about an hour from Madison)...will be staying local"ish".. I just need to get the heck out of Dane County...lived here for a year and a half now....not for me
    We are in Dane County by literally, 200 yards. So we get the pleasure of the taxes!

If we stay in Wisconsin, we are looking at; Richland, Crawford, Vernon, Trempealeau counties. Or north to; Vilas, Oneida, etc.

Issue is, where we want to live, work options are limited.

17. Member
    My company has a decent foot print in Wisconsin. I’m hopping Oshkosh or Appleton or UP in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    My company has a decent foot print in Wisconsin. I’m hopping Oshkosh or Appleton or UP in the future.
    Just a heads up, Oshkosh has been vigilant the last 2 years with property taxes. Supposedly the "black store" loophole was closed but somehow the tax levy keeps going up marginally and my property taxes have gone up a lot more % than the levy increase. My property tax bill is 29% higher than in 2018.

I am originally from Iowa and have lived in WI for over 7 years. The fox valley is an awesome location, IMO. Easy driving distance to awesome fisheries, close enough to drive to Madison, MKE, and Green Bay for sports, and in the "reality" area as previously mentioned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123