Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyeleotris View Post
    I've been watching the local news stories with great interest as I am supposed to be transferring to my company's Sun Prairie facility next June. My wife and youngest daughter were hoping we'd end up in Madison proper, but after seeing what has been occurring lately I believe we'll be looking a little further out.
    It's still a great place to live regardless of what a few people on here say. Just ignore the politics.

Quote Originally Posted by HobeyBaker View Post
    It's still a great place to live regardless of what a few people on here say. Just ignore the politics.
    It’s very nice city and there’s a reason for that. It’s very obvious why and it has nothing to do with politics.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    It's amazing how such a contagious virus can be so selective with who and where it infects hmmmm
    Thank You

5. Member
    Madison truly is a special place. Where else can you walk a block off of capital square and see two hot college girls holding hands and turn a corner and see two homeless people getting it on lying in the middle of the sidewalk.

6. Member
    LOL. Madison really is a good place to live overall. The politics are a disaster and the influx of Chicago thugs has increased our crime tenfold but lots of things to do, good restaurants, the sports and university atmosphere and the lakes have phenomenal fishing for not just bass but great muskies, pike, walleyes and panfish as well.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stratofast View Post
    Madison truly is a special place. Where else can you walk a block off of capital square and see two hot college girls holding hands and turn a corner and see two homeless people getting it on lying in the middle of the sidewalk.

Getting what on? Ever been to San Francisco on a Tuesday night? Same thing but You'd have to watch You don't catch T.B. or step in a big pile of stool (human and canine)

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    It’s very nice city and there’s a reason for that. It’s very obvious why and it has nothing to do with politics.
    Thanks for visiting in the middle of the day LOL

9. Member
    hey if you can fish monona, run up by the causways there and checkout the homeless living under the bridges, its a f.....g mess, just another town run by the wrong people. I am sure glad that running thru stores looting and burning businesses to the ground is safer then going to a rally, I've been doing the wrong things, I need to change, lookout target here we come !!!!

10. Member
    Wisconsin. Who would have thought blight would travel this far North?

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Just another example of FF News.

12. Member
    Oh dear. Dan?? Dan?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

13. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Ignore the politics if it doesnt align with your thinking and enjoy the area. It's really very nice.

Dale Sinclair original

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    Ignore the politics if it doesnt align with your thinking and enjoy the area. It's really very nice.
    What's nice about it. Been there many times and still dont see it. It's a small city. No scenery, no buildings. No landscape. Same restaurants and stores. Everyone is moving to suburbs to get out.

15. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    What's nice about it. Been there many times and still dont see it. It's a small city. No scenery, no buildings. No landscape. Same restaurants and stores. Everyone is moving to suburbs to get out.
    sounds like its not for you so you should choose the 'stay away' option. Easily remedied. I have family there and always enjoy the city and surrounding area.

Dale Sinclair original

16. Member
    Madison is a great place to live. If you could get rid of the winters, I would be there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    sounds like its not for you so you should choose the 'stay away' option. Easily remedied. I have family there and always enjoy the city and surrounding area.
    I have family there too. Lol..

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    that is a perfect way to summarize it! This would be one of the greatest places to live if we could just move downtowns inhabitants out into the desert to form their own utopia
    Nick I hate to break it to you it is the whole area not just madison. It’s a cultural mindset that starts there but filters out a long ways. My wife is afraid to say anything about her thoughts in Oregon when they talk about it at her work. I’ve seen it to at mine. Some folks flipped on me pretty quick when I didn’t agree and flipped the script on them. The further away you get the better and more back to reality it gets. All the people I have met since Moving here have been nice though. Most people’s ideas are from group think and when challenged don’t have a original thought of there own. That is the biggest issue of all across the entire country.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    Nick I hate to break it to you it is the whole area not just madison. It’s a cultural mindset that starts there but filters out a long ways. My wife is afraid to say anything about her thoughts in Oregon when they talk about it at her work. I’ve seen it to at mine. Some folks flipped on me pretty quick when I didn’t agree and flipped the script on them. The further away you get the better and more back to reality it gets. All the people I have met since Moving here have been nice though. Most people’s ideas are from group think and when challenged don’t have a original thought of there own. That is the biggest issue of all across the entire country.

We noticed it immediately upon moving here.

The people as a whole, think that they are a lot more than they are. Madison itself thinks it is some big to do. The people and city definitely think they are bigger and more important than they are.

KSU nailed it spot on with flipping the script too.

We had a few people in the neighborhood change their tune real quick when we countered something they were trying to say. I’m not sure if they always had people just agree and go along with them or what. They found out real quick that we stick to our guns and have the facts to back up our points.

Ive lived in3 states, 3 countries and two continents. Never seen anything like the mindset here.

now, get an hour and a half away, to small towns, it’s all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
    Minneapolis: Little Evidence That Protests After George Floyd’s Death Spread Coronavirus

There is little evidence that the protests that erupted after George Floyd’s death caused a significant increase in U.S. coronavirus infections, according to public health experts.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...d-coronavirus/
    Yes it did spread China virus as well as lead poisoning and smoke inhalation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast