Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I will be at kring point for labor day in a cabin.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Glory be to Christ, this year the water is much better than last year and way down from 2017. Reckon, it is still a bit up but manageable. We are still able to keep my father in law's big Penn Yan at our dock. He don't use it much, but I pray that I can do half of what he does being 86 yrs young. Chippewa Bay and everything across and up stream Goose bay is great fishing.
    My best to you and be well.
    Yeah, last year was crazy with flooding. The place we were staying in Clayton (Mil's Cottages) had actually built a dock on top of their normal dock so guests could tie up there. This year, it was back to normal. I need to be better at finding fish with my graph in deeper water. The area is so big, it's hard to know where to go. Everything looks good. I'll be back up in mid-September and will try closer to the channel in Chippewa.
    1995 Ranger 392V
    1995 Mercury XRi 200 HP S/N: 0G167217

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_in_NY View Post
    Yeah, last year was crazy with flooding. The place we were staying in Clayton (Mil's Cottages) had actually built a dock on top of their normal dock so guests could tie up there. This year, it was back to normal. I need to be better at finding fish with my graph in deeper water. The area is so big, it's hard to know where to go. Everything looks good. I'll be back up in mid-September and will try closer to the channel in Chippewa.
    Mike,
    I believe that you and I have met before. You live on the waterfront up at Ballston Lake, and fished with your wife during that time I came down to visit my friend Alan and Lesley Bellavia. I have know the family since 1974, which is the first year Ol'Al bought the place. Al gives everyone a very fair price with an excellent dock, even during the floods we had electric to hook up, and very clean cottages and motel. Stayed there quite a bit when building our place cause in laws had family in Clayton, now I just visit if #1 cottage is not being used, since it save me from coming by A Bay, which it goes to show you how much I hate coming thru the Narrows.
    BTW, there is a place for sale at Kring Point on Bryant Rd on the water mid to high 70's that I looked at for a friend, but did come to a deal. Nice if you don't mind being close to people. Yea, I have been practicing physical distaning all my life, and I like my Rottweilers better than most people this days.
    Last edited by digthemup; 07-15-2020 at 10:24 AM.

4. Member
    I’ve seen 30 mph on maps and that’s what I’ve been told is the speed limit from lighthouse to lighthouse. I spent 20 minutes looking for an official map but couldn’t find anything. They don’t do a good job of letting people know about it, I’ve never seen a sign anywhere On the water. I think the state park at Keywadin has a sign at the launch.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Mike,
    I believe that you and I have met before. You live on the waterfront up at Ballston Lake, and fished with your wife during that time I came down to visit my friend Alan and Lesley Bellavia. I have know the family since 1974, which is the first year Ol'Al bought the place. Al gives everyone a very fair price with an excellent dock, even during the floods we had electric to hook up, and very clean cottages and motel. Stayed there quite a bit when building our place cause in laws had family in Clayton, now I just visit if #1 cottage is not being used, since it save me from coming by A Bay, which it goes to show you how much I hate coming thru the Narrows.
    BTW, there is a place for sale at Kring Point on Bryant Rd on the water mid to high 70's that I looked at for a friend, but did come to a deal. Nice if you don't mind being close to people. Yea, I have been practicing physical distaning all my life, and I like my Rottweilers better than most people this days.
    Wow ! Small world. Yeah, that was me with my wife. Blue Ranger bass boat. This year we stayed in Ogdensburg because I wanted to try a different part of the river and go to Black Lake. Truthfully, I should have stayed at Mil's. We made the run from A-Bay to Grindstone because my wife hadn't caught anything all morning and wanted to go to "her spot" where she had caught some the previous 2 years. She got shut out there too . That drive through the narrows is for the birds and I won't be doing it again when I am back in September.

We've been talking about getting a place up there. Nothing fancy, as it would be summer use only and nothing I have to spend a lot of time maintaining. The winters are so harsh up there, I just want to pull the dock out, drain the pipes and leave LOL. It's just as cold where I live, but we don't get the crazy amounts of lake effect snow as you folks do.

6. Member
    Hey MIke,
    I sent you a PM about a cottage near Chippewa that may fit your bill.

7. Member
    I'm kicking around a quick trip up to the St. Lawrence around mid Sept., Like the week after labor day. Would most likely be camping and thought that Robert Moses Park looked pretty good. Have stayed at Keywadin in the past. I have a 1448 Converted jon with a 25hp outboard and a Maxxum 70 on the bow. Is this enough boat for this area? I was a little surprised at the strength of the current 5 yrs back at Waddington and felt underequiped, is it the same here? Or should I look at a different section of the river?

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ukey28 View Post
    I'm kicking around a quick trip up to the St. Lawrence around mid Sept., Like the week after labor day. Would most likely be camping and thought that Robert Moses Park looked pretty good. Have stayed at Keywadin in the past. I have a 1448 Converted jon with a 25hp outboard and a Maxxum 70 on the bow. Is this enough boat for this area? I was a little surprised at the strength of the current 5 yrs back at Waddington and felt underequiped, is it the same here? Or should I look at a different section of the river?
    closer to the lake you go less current .. current down waddington can be brutal without the right rig.

9. Member
    Thanks!

10. Member
    Unless you prefer being downstream northern area, Jacques Cartier State Park is just downstream from Chippewa and Goose Bays and Black Lake is also nearby if you want to make it a short trip.
    With the amount of water they are letting out trying to correct the major flooding screwups of the past few years cause by the morons on the water management committee, the current is pretty fast any time the river bottleneck. If you want way less current, you will need toward Clayton area, but even that is faster than years prior to 2017.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12