Micro power poles

I am thinking about buying them for my boat looking for some input. I have spot lock on tm would I need one
    one two poles to hold me so I do not spin around. Also how well do they hold I have 18’ Lowes boat . I like to skip docks that will be there main purpose

2. Member
    I hope someone here can help that has them. From the looks and I could be wrong. All the way up looks as they could catch a tree branch or something. Again I am no expert on these at all.

3. Member
    I have one on a 16 ft grizzly . It’s fine for what I use it for. I have spotlock as well.
    You do have to be mindful about getting too close to the bank with the pole sticking up so high but in general it’s not really an issue you can always pull the pole and put it in the boat. Only downside to it is you can only anchor in about 6 foot of water unless you’re like me and have a 10 foot pole. Quite frankly I like mine. The pole is worth the price of admission just be able to Drop the pole and only have to tie up the front of the boat to take the boat out of the water

4. Banned
    I thought about putting one on my 1752 Grizzly tiller steer. for a few hundred dollars more I went with the 8' Sportsman II. Much better IMHO and no having to monkey around with the spike/pole all the time.

We have a guy in the club I fish that has 1 on his 90's ranger 18ft fiberglass boat and it holds him.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

6. Member
    I have one on my Crestliner 1600 Storm. Pro tip: install two. You will spin around on just one. I use the remote on the lanyard and it works great for my style of fishing. I have the 8.5” heavy duty spike, but in softer bottoms, I find that it’s only effective in 5.5’ or less. It needs to penetrate to be effective.