Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Well That Sucks,,,,

My fishing season over. Messed up knee and surgery soon. Slipped on slimy mossy ramp at Cowan Lake. Cant work, cant walk, in a brace til surgery. Hurry up and wait...…..(same knee had surgery in 2007 in Augusta Ga and doc then told me I would need a replacement in 5 years),,,guess I shouldn't be too disappointed.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

2. Member
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get healed up enough after the replacement to get some fishing in before the cold sets in. Took me 3 months to get going again but I had both replaced at the same time. Good Luck

3. Member
    I hear that just nursed my shoulder along with another cortisone shot... Get back up and mobile soon.

Sorry to hear that you're hurting. My right knee is swollen and I have no idea why. Probably bursitis, but going to the Ortho Doc on Monday to have it checked out.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    No other way to say it. Knee replacement is not a picnic. Had mine done when I was 40. 62 now and still working though. Went fishing 3 weeks after surgery on the front deck, running the trolling motor. Probably shouldn't have, but did it. Your amount of activity will be directly related to your pain tolerance. Once they get the replacement in there, you can't mess it up very easily. Just surgery recovery. The rehab sucks. But do it. Don't skip any of it. Take your pain meds. Use lots of ice packs. You will be back quicker than you think.

Hoping for a fast recovery Art

Oh man, I hate to hear that Art. Praying you will have good news and/or a quick recovery buddy.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

8. Scraps
    That's tough. I'm so careful on the ramps anymore with all the grass around.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

9. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Had surgery last friday 17 July. Sore but mending. Start therapy tomorrow(oh joy). Gonna hobble down to the river wednesday, pay my brother to launch my boat and retrieve it and am going fishing!!!!!

10. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Had surgery last friday 17 July. Sore but mending. Start therapy tomorrow(oh joy). Gonna hobble down to the river wednesday, pay my brother to launch my boat and retrieve it and am going fishing!!!!!
    Or fish from a chair at the ramp.....

Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post

Glad the surgery went well and you are in the recovery mode...enjoy the fishing.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Keep it up bud. Got to stay with the therapy and get that knee back stronger than ever!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

13. Member
    Glad everything went well. Hope you have a quick and complete recovery!