Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Oh sorry, thought King_Fish was referencing a TX/TXP rig, after all this is a Tin Boat forum, No??? I do agree with the hypocrisy comment though, plenty of it on BBC. Just go over to brand specific pages and read through all the non-owners talking shit about the brand that they have absolutely no clue about. But then get hurt feeling when the tables are flipped

Regardless, the 2080 is an great boat. Sure the top end won't be there by 3-4 mph in comparison to a glass, but every other aspect is on the same playing field. If you don't believe it, get in one and run it. However it shakes out, you will spend more on a glass boat once it is all built out with the same accessories.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

2. Member
    The hypocrite comment was for you Jones, while I agree that there is a lot of it on the boards, specifically in brand pages -which we are not in, you are surely not exempt from this. I don’t personally recall making any disparaging comments against Vexus,have always said it’s a nice boat – you went down the road of knocking down other brands - someone brought up Triton and BCB as other option. No one here is butt hurt, other than maybe you. I go on all the forums bc I like boats in general. An gimme a break withthe TX/TXP comment, hard to believe, hence the Bass Cat comparison. Go enjoy your boat,I am sure its fantastic.

In the end you are the same guy you hate that bashes or comments adversely against Vexus.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 07-20-2020 at 05:48 PM.

3. Member
    I love my AVX 1980. I would do it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Oh sorry, thought King_Fish was referencing a TX/TXP rig, after all this is a Tin Boat forum, No??? I do agree with the hypocrisy comment though, plenty of it on BBC. Just go over to brand specific pages and read through all the non-owners talking shit about the brand that they have absolutely no clue about. But then get hurt feeling when the tables are flipped

Regardless, the 2080 is an great boat. Sure the top end won't be there by 3-4 mph in comparison to a glass, but every other aspect is on the same playing field. If you don't believe it, get in one and run it. However it shakes out, you will spend more on a glass boat once it is all built out with the same accessories.
    Well lets see king fish said bump up to a 200 so common sense points to glass since the triton tin isnt rated for a 200. Doesnt seem too confusing.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Well lets see king fish said bump up to a 200 so common sense points to glass since the triton tin isnt rated for a 200. Doesnt seem too confusing.
    That is my bad I thought Poche was running a 200. His is 175hp.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    The hypocrite comment was for you Jones, while I agree that there is a lot of it on the boards, specifically in brand pages -which we are not in, you are surely not exempt from this. I don’t personally recall making any disparaging comments against Vexus,have always said it’s a nice boat – you went down the road of knocking down other brands - someone brought up Triton and BCB as other option. No one here is butt hurt, other than maybe you. I go on all the forums bc I like boats in general. An gimme a break withthe TX/TXP comment, hard to believe, hence the Bass Cat comparison. Go enjoy your boat,I am sure its fantastic.

In the end you are the same guy you hate that bashes or comments adversely against Vexus.
    Ever think my comments were shots across the bow of those who are habitual hypocrites who consistently go onto brand specific pages and talk shit. However, the minute you mention anything derogatory about the brand they run, it is wrong? Whatever. I don't go onto brand pages just to bash a brand. I never have. And I certainly do not have defend my posts, when it is completely acceptable for others to the same. I have had my issues with my 1980, none so far on my 2080 and I have always been transparent that Vexus is not perfect, even though when any owner has an issue it is completely blown out of proportion. But I will speak up when people who have never owned or been in one and bash it. Just as I have with other brands that I have owned and have experience with, not BBC experience, actual experience. Too many people think because they have been on the page since its inception they are all knowing.

I will absolutely move on and enjoy my new boat. It is a great boat.

7. Member
    Jones you are the person you are bitching about, period….. I don’t disagree that the boards are flooded with these people, but your one of them.

This is the disparaging post –that came across as needing a shot across the bow???

“Why would you spend all that$$ on a Tin w/ a 200?
    I would look at a BCB or Triton package if I wanted to bump up to a 200...”

IF you took that as a slap in the face of Vexus, that a board member offered a different perspective, then Ithink you are the one that is overly sensitive/butt hurt. The OP wasn’t interested in a glass option,which is fine, he didn’t seem to have an issue with it… Just explained he wasn’t interested for his own reasons.

Why you took this as disparaging and warranting a shot across the bow, that’s your own story to tell. I will take my shitty Triton to the lake and get some time on the water – just know your as bad as the people you despise Jones. Mr Vexus Warrior.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 07-21-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Bye Bye Jones

9. Banned

Jones you are the person you are bitching about, period….. I don’t disagree that the boards are flooded with these people, but your one of them.

This is the disparaging post –that came across as needing a shot across the bow???

“Why would you spend all that$$ on a Tin w/ a 200?
    I would look at a BCB or Triton package if I wanted to bump up to a 200...”

IF you took that as a slap in the face of Vexus, that a board member offered a different perspective, then Ithink you are the one that is overly sensitive/butt hurt. The OP wasn’t interested in a glass option,which is fine, he didn’t seem to have an issue with it… Just explained he wasn’t interested for his own reasons.

Why you took this as disparaging and warranting a shot across the bow, that’s your own story to tell. I will take my shitty Triton to the lake and get some time on the water – just know your as bad as the people you despise Jones. Mr Vexus Warrior.
    Id like to give a round of applause to this post right here. Im impressed.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

The great thing about social media is I could care less what your opinion is, my apologies for hurting your feelings. Certainly did not take anything about the BCB/Nitron comment as a slap in the face, not even a little bit. I actually found it funny because I know 100% that it wasn't remotely a serious suggestion, hence the follow-up comments. But apparently you took it as personal attack a social media page.......... Brand bashing? Because I do not believe one brand is on the same playing field as another brand....IMO? Do enlighten me........Read through some of the consistent BS on the brand specific page(s) to see brand bashing.

Despise?? Why would I despise a anyone that I have no idea who they are? What am I going to get mad at a username?? People are entitled to their opinion, while I am entitled to rebut with my opinion. There are a few on here that their sole purpose is to go onto brand pages to talk shit? Ever see me make a single post on a Triton page? But according to some they are entitled to do so because their legacy as a founding father of BBC says so. I am positive some people think that when their time comes, their username will be retired and hung up on the BBC banner.

Anyhow, IF you think for one second that I take the page personal or remotely lose sleep over what someone posts, that is some funny shit. FYI this is not the real world, this is a page simply created for peoples opinions and owner feedback. Allowing someone on a social media page to get under my skin or take it personal will never happen. Unlike others obviously. But you can definitely tell when the truth gets under others skin. Case & Point.

Thanks for your candid feedback, some I agree with and some I don't. Best of luck with your "shitty" Triton(your words not mine). And I will 110% enjoy the POS Vexus that the only reason anyone likes it is because of the the idiot Ex- Ranger guys behind the brand otherwise no one would buy one and because they think they are better than everyone blah blah.

12. Member
    (So what exactly were you implying then?) -->Did you really suggest a Triton? While including it in the same line as a BCB?

No apologies needed Jones, I wasn’t seeking your apology just simply stating that you are a hypocrite – pretty simple – why apologize any way if that’s how you feel. So next time you wanna whine and cry about someone making a comment in contrast to your beliefs,just remember this thread -you can talk in circles all you want, least have the sack to stand behind what you said instead of walking it back. Oh I wasn’t talking about a glass Triton, just saying the aluminum sucks hahaha. Cause I really believe that, and proves my point anyways…. I didn’t take it as an attack, though obviously you did, because you needed to send a shot across the bow, remember your words not mine. You went down that road, and I called you out on it.

Keep complaining about the others, your no different. An actually the “shitty” Triton comment is your words, guess you can’t figure that out. Like a horse with blinders on haha.

I will leave it at that…..
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 07-22-2020 at 10:57 AM.

(So what exactly were you implying then?) -->Did you really suggest a Triton? While including it in the same line as a BCB?

No apologies needed Jones, I wasn’t seeking your apology just simply stating that you are a hypocrite – pretty simple – why apologize any way if that’s how you feel. So next time you wanna whine and cry about someone making a comment in contrast to your beliefs,just remember this thread -you can talk in circles all you want, least have the sack to stand behind what you said instead of walking it back. Oh I wasn’t talking about a glass Triton, just saying the aluminum sucks hahaha. Cause I really believe that, and proves my point anyways…. I didn’t take it as an attack, though obviously you did, because you needed to send a shot across the bow, remember your words not mine. You went down that road, and I called you out on it.

Keep complaining about the others, your no different. An actually the “shitty” Triton comment is your words, guess you can’t figure that out. Like a horse with blinders on haha.

I will leave it at that…..
    Trust me, the apology was far from sincere Mets as it certainly isn't personal to me. This is why society migrates to social media, it allows people to say, do and be whoever they want all the while sitting in the comforts of their own home. Pretty sure that is also defined as keyboard warrior. Regardless, for some that is actually "calling someone out" while others laugh and say triggered because that is the closest they will ever come to actually doing it.

Walk back?......I stand on my opinion that Triton is not on the same playing field as BCB. Just like many stand on the opinion that Vexus isn't on the same playing field as Ranger, Tracker, Xpress etc. Just jump over to the brand page(s) and see for yourself. I fish from a buddies Triton every Thursday night so it isn't like it is an ignorant opinion like many who have zero actual knowledge with how a boat performs but yet still voice their opinion on the performance The description "shitty" never came from my keyboard. You can assume that is what I was implying but you'd be wrong. Pretty funny actually the one person I thought it would trigger, it didn't. Seldom does is the opportunity to talk shit about Vexus missed or anything associated with those "arrogant Ranger folks". Just like he will never stop, nor will I.

Back to the real world......I'll catch up to the response some time tomorrow when I have some time to burn. Should be a good one!!

The great thing about social media is I could care less what your opinion is, my apologies for hurting your feelings. Certainly did not take anything about the BCB/Nitron comment as a slap in the face, not even a little bit. I actually found it funny because I know 100% that it wasn't remotely a serious suggestion, hence the follow-up comments. But apparently you took it as personal attack a social media page.......... Brand bashing? Because I do not believe one brand is on the same playing field as another brand....IMO? Do enlighten me........Read through some of the consistent BS on the brand specific page(s) to see brand bashing.

Despise?? Why would I despise a anyone that I have no idea who they are? What am I going to get mad at a username?? People are entitled to their opinion, while I am entitled to rebut with my opinion. There are a few on here that their sole purpose is to go onto brand pages to talk shit? Ever see me make a single post on a Triton page? But according to some they are entitled to do so because their legacy as a founding father of BBC says so. I am positive some people think that when their time comes, their username will be retired and hung up on the BBC banner.

Anyhow, IF you think for one second that I take the page personal or remotely lose sleep over what someone posts, that is some funny shit. FYI this is not the real world, this is a page simply created for peoples opinions and owner feedback. Allowing someone on a social media page to get under my skin or take it personal will never happen. Unlike others obviously. But you can definitely tell when the truth gets under others skin. Case & Point.

Thanks for your candid feedback, some I agree with and some I don't. Best of luck with your "shitty" Triton(your words not mine). And I will 110% enjoy the POS Vexus that the only reason anyone likes it is because of the the idiot Ex- Ranger guys behind the brand otherwise no one would buy one and because they think they are better than everyone blah blah.
    Your last paragraph here is about the only truth youve ever typed and that is 100% the reaosn anyone gives 2 looks at vexus. Avid makes basically the same boat with a thicker hull and a few other improvements but never hear about them. Other than a few threads. Amazing how the rt188 which at one time was gods gift to the boating world is now worthless junk all because of people change at the desk. Prove me wrong.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Thinking of selling my 2017 198P and buying a Vexus 2080 but the nearest dealer is around 2 and a half hours away so I haven't had a chance to check one out up close and personal. Was wondering if people are happy with their Vexus. I know I will get an extra 50 HP but how does the Vexus stack up compared to the 198P?
    Did you get your answer yet
    Last edited by Grizzly; 07-23-2020 at 04:49 AM.

16. Member
    Apologies to PaBass for the derailment, mine are sincere.

For Jones, I made that post regarding you not because I felt personally attacked, amazing you still think that is the case. I made it because you’re a hypocrite, not sure another way to say it really. I do not disparage or trash talk another brand, or portray my immense knowledge of bass boats, or my diverse experiences in every boat manufactured. If that’s how you wanna tackle it so be it – we can get a ruler out an start measuring to suit your ego. Not here to say my boat is better than yours, or that Vexus does this or that. You can go back through my past comments, I think I have been an advocate for Vexus. In my opinion better products, or advancements are great for the market and the consumer overall. In the end it’s a boat, I am not a brand loyalist,never have been.

What I don’t get is that some people think they are above the BS. Guys like you whine about Vexus haters (which I have no idea why you have such a personal investment within Vexus– and before you open that up I could care less if you don’t like my Triton –that wasn’t the point of my response, it was that you do the same thing you repeatedly rant about). Normally I would care less,but I see you whine about all the Vexus haters repeatedly – then you turnaround and throw shade at other boats. You do the same thing you whine about. That’s a fact. No one was talking shit about your beloved Vexus in this post when you made that comment, you brought it on yourself.
    Spin it how you would like that makes sense in your own head. You went back and forth on what you said a number of times. Do we really need to read over the flip flopping in this thread.

In the end you’re the same person as those you whine about as being haters. Do you have the right to stand up foryourself and your boat brand (if you feel the need to do so) sure. But you brought this on yourself man. An if you think the reply you made was warranted because a poster made a suggestion then I guess that further cements my point. An spare me the Keyboard Warrior hiding behind a screen, everything I wrote was true, and if I had a different medium to say it to you I would.

That being said, I don’t plan to respond to your reply, so spare me the effort of you replying. Could care less whose boats better – it’s a boat, just tired of watching you whine and then turn around do the same thing and cry about being a battered boat owner as your justification for doing the same thing. Bitching about haters doesn’t put you above them when you’re the same. But you are the expert, as you said you could care less what others opinions are.
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 07-23-2020 at 08:31 AM.

17. Member
    Why don't you guys just agree to disagree and move on.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

18. Member
    Thanks Piper already moved on though thanks.

Apologies to PaBass for the derailment, mine are sincere.

For Jones, I made that post regarding you not because I felt personally attacked, amazing you still think that is the case. I made it because you’re a hypocrite, not sure another way to say it really. I do not disparage or trash talk another brand, or portray my immense knowledge of bass boats, or my diverse experiences in every boat manufactured. If that’s how you wanna tackle it so be it – we can get a ruler out an start measuring to suit your ego. Not here to say my boat is better than yours, or that Vexus does this or that. You can go back through my past comments, I think I have been an advocate for Vexus. In my opinion better products, or advancements are great for the market and the consumer overall. In the end it’s a boat, I am not a brand loyalist,never have been.

What I don’t get is that some people think they are above the BS. Guys like you whine about Vexus haters (which I have no idea why you have such a personal investment within Vexus– and before you open that up I could care less if you don’t like my Triton –that wasn’t the point of my response, it was that you do the same thing you repeatedly rant about). Normally I would care less,but I see you whine about all the Vexus haters repeatedly – then you turnaround and throw shade at other boats. You do the same thing you whine about. That’s a fact. No one was talking shit about your beloved Vexus in this post when you made that comment, you brought it on yourself.
    Spin it how you would like that makes sense in your own head. You went back and forth on what you said a number of times. Do we really need to read over the flip flopping in this thread.

In the end you’re the same person as those you whine about as being haters. Do you have the right to stand up foryourself and your boat brand (if you feel the need to do so) sure. But you brought this on yourself man. An if you think the reply you made was warranted because a poster made a suggestion then I guess that further cements my point. An spare me the Keyboard Warrior hiding behind a screen, everything I wrote was true, and if I had a different medium to say it to you I would.

That being said, I don’t plan to respond to your reply, so spare me the effort of you replying. Could care less whose boats better – it’s a boat, just tired of watching you whine and then turn around do the same thing and cry about being a battered boat owner as your justification for doing the same thing. Bitching about haters doesn’t put you above them when you’re the same. But you are the expert, as you said you could care less what others opinions are.

Holy sh%tQuite the thesis even in different fonts(copy/past from offline writing?). Agree to disagree, not even going to read it. You have earned the BBC Hall Monitor Badge and I have earned the coveted hypocrite badge that so many others have earned.

Moving on................

Holy sh%tQuite the thesis even in different fonts(copy/past from offline writing?). Agree to disagree, not even going to read it. You have earned the BBC Hall Monitor Badge and I have earned the coveted hypocrite badge that so many others have earned.

Moving on................
    Just have to get the last word in ?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 07-24-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast