Thread: 4th of July

4th of July

A fellow and his wife in Clarksville, TN, where the people are all patriots, were blessed with the birth of twins, two identical girls. These twins were born on the 4th of July, and the father, being patriotic, said to his wife, "We will name them Liberty and Justice, after the pledge of allegiance." His wife said, "Are you nuts? You can't have girls going through life with names like Liberty and Justice. We are going to name them regular girl's names like Mary or Jane".
    Well, the argument went on for about a month, when a compromise was reached. They would each name one of the girls. The man chose Liberty and the wife picked Elizabeth.
    As the girls grew, they were so identical, they kept pulling tricks on people who couldn't tell them apart.
    Finally, when they were about 18, a young man took interest in them. He would take one out on a date but he was never sure which one he was with.
    He decided he would marry at least one of them, but he wasn't sure which one he would marry.
    He went to the girls father and explained his quandary.
    "I love your daughters and want to marry one of them, but I can't tell them apart, so I will leave it up to you.
    Give me Liberty or give me Beth."
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member
    Arrrrgh!

5. Member
    Salute!

6. Banned