spun 2 prop hubs

Last two trips out i melted 2 prop hubs on my 2013 Etec 225 what could be causing this?

Are you using a plastic mercury hub kit?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Heat!
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

4. Member
    Yes using the mercury hub kit

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

You wont melt that one.
    RUSTY63 in a Shiny Green Jacket.......

Exactly. Cured the old melted hub trick permanently

8. Member

says merc and some yamaha? fit rudes also?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Thats the part no on the box mine came in. Mine came from a dealer.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    What could be causing this? A plugged cooling line that goes to your hub. My cousin had this exact issue with his 2011 225 etec. Took it to 4 different shops and couldn't figure it out.

Mine did it in gin clear deep water with a couple hours on it. Dont think it was the old prop hub cooling line stopped up on me.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Mine did it in gin clear deep water with a couple hours on it. Dont think it was the old prop hub cooling line stopped up on me.
    My cousin didnt get to see what came out of his. He suspected a mud dauber nest. Water conditions would have nothing to do with that reason. The op may have a different issue, but that is something I would check first.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    What could be causing this? A plugged cooling line that goes to your hub. My cousin had this exact issue with his 2011 225 etec. Took it to 4 different shops and couldn't figure it out.
    the torque fin has a hole to pick up water and put into exhause stream? still there and flowing water?

I drilled two water holes (scoops) ion my lower to cool the prop hub never had a hub issues running rubber pressed in hubs on raker and renegades
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    the torque fin has a hole to pick up water and put into exhause stream? still there and flowing water?

I drilled two water holes (scoops) ion my lower to cool the prop hub never had a hub issues running rubber pressed in hubs on raker and renegades
    I have heard this done also. Again I am not extremely familiar with Evinrudes. I actually posted here, and gave my cousin suggestions from the post. He found a line coming off his main cooling line that goes to the hub area. He finally got it to break loose with compressed air and has never had an issue since. I actually tried to find the exact post with all the recommendations, but couldn't find it.