Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I spend more money on gas every year than the cost of the replacement battery.

I do think electric is the future. It’ll start in places like CA because of air quality pollution and then spread out accordingly.

2. Member
    I wonder what the lugging power is if you cut through a thick patch. I wonder what the blade/spindle speed is. For a replacement battery at that price, if everything else checks out I think it's gonna find it's place in the market. Just plug it in , no more blinker fluid.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Looks neat but I’ll stick to my gas guzzling Kohler on my 12 yr old zero turn.

4. Member
    Just like electric cars, my questions are these. How far will it go on a full charge? Or, since this is a mower, how many hours will it run at full throttle? How long will it take to recharge to full charge when almost fully discharged? How long will the battery or batteries last? How much will it cost to replace battery or batteries when wore out?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Just like electric cars, my questions are these. How far will it go on a full charge? Or, since this is a mower, how many hours will it run at full throttle? How long will it take to recharge to full charge when almost fully discharged? How long will the battery or batteries last? How much will it cost to replace battery or batteries when wore out?
    If you read the ad and this thread, all of those questions were pretty much answered.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    According to the ad, even this rider does not have belts. I'm guessing direct drive motors on the rear wheels and the blades. A lot more efficient that way. I don't think I'd want this mower for my rural, 2 acre lot, but it'd be great for a larger, suburban lot.
    How much is a new motor when your blades hit something they are not suppose to and damage it?

7. Banned
    I moved over to battery operated string trimmers and leaf blowers and I'm more than impressed. I haven't touched my gas ones in 2 seasons and the trimmer is a brand new Echo. I'm not giving up my Skag though.

my SIL has a 40 volt lawn mower, edger/trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer and 6 battery packs that Lowe's sells...

I guess couple thousand $$$$ to be green...

I don't have grass to cut, but if I had enough to warrant a riding mower, I'd look at one of these. I wonder how easy the battery is to replace? If it is easy, you get get a spare for what looks to be a couple of hundred and double your mowing time.

it's a Ryobi.............It won't be reliable.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Depending reliability of the mower and motors, the price isnt terribly bad. A thousand cheaper would be the way to put it in more owners garages.
    I have two Zero turns. One old, that I use for the hunting lease. A new one for the acre and a half yard.
    If it can cut and mulch the my land and have near 50 percent charge left, that would be a go.

Any cutting away from the house, the electric looses to the gas.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

At $100 per inch of cut width... that thing's a ripoff

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    So there are no belts or other wear parts on these battery mowers? If that's the case, i would consider a push type for my next mower.
    I do have a Craftsman Electric Push mower and I love it. I bought it orginally to just do the inside of the Lawn that is fenced in by the pool. But, now I use it on other areas of the lawn and it holds a Pretty good charge. Only issue I have is that the Lowest level you can adjust the deck to cut is just alittle to high.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    it's a Ryobi.............It won't be reliable.
    I'm using a bunch of cordless Ryobi portable power tools daily, along with my Makita, Milwaukee, Porter Cable and Bosch tools. They're holding up fine so far, no complaints.

Yea I dont know. I like the raw HP from the gas powered Kawasaki motor as it goes over and chops up the tree limbs and miscellaneous tools that was left by that "I dont Know" Guy who leaves stuff out in the yard.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

16. Member
    I have a Ryobi 40V chain saw, blower, and weed eater. I have had several batteries go bad within six months. One in a couple weeks. Home Depot replaced the battery and it went bad again. Ryobi would not warranty the battery as the battery did not match the charger serial number. I will buy nothing with Ryobi's name on it.

17. Banned
    I've had a ryobi sawzall riding around in the front basket of my atv for 5 years. Amazing that thing still works. I've used it to cut branches for camo, cut half- submerged culverts, cut timbers to block drains, e.t.c. It's been muddy, wet, and it's on the second set of batteries but still goes. Definitely changed the way I thought of ryobi tools.

18. Member
    $4200 is not a bad price for any decent 42" Zero turn mower. And with this one, there's no fuel costs and no oil changes. If it turns out to be reliable, it's a pretty good deal.
    No doubt...I know how much my kubota zero turn was lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

I'm waiting on a Tesla model. 0-60 in 4 seconds with auto pilot, and a beer cooler and holder.

20. Member
    The replacement battery for this mower is $213. Cutting 2 acres with a 27hp zero turn, I spend that much or more on fuel and oil each year. And I just replaced a $73 belt on mine and it was the cheaper of the 3 belts. Electric is the future, fellas, better get used to it.
    Now look. $213 for a battery that'll cut 2 acres. Tell me someone can't make a trolling motor that will last all day with an inexpensive lightweight battery that you can pick up with one hand and snap a new one in if needed. With a brushless motor, and an aluminum housing, it would knock 150-200 pounds off your boat weight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast